Family circle easy crochet

wrenlover

Question

Has anyone started a project from Family circle easy crochet/fall yet? I started the beautiful white mesh dress and I've already frogged it 8 times. I gave the pattern to my daughter and she too got hung up in the same spot. It is early in the pattern so It was'nt a total waste of time, but I was curious if anyone else was having a problem!?:think It could be me... that would'nt be the first time:( .

Lisa

Have e mailed for some info thru family circle magazine. There may in fact be a problem, they are double checking the pattern. Should know soon.

15 answers to this question

Where do I get a copy of the pattern?, better yet the magazine. Sometimes I can find them, sometimes I can't. Anyway, as soon as I get a copy of the patteren, I'll try it and see if I can help you out.

Yarnbunny

I think what is happening is that the shape is getting strange and it is throwing me off. I get to the Neck shaping - right side and it starts to look weird and

I keep thinking I am doing something really wrong. I am afraid to go any further especially if I AM doing it wrong, cause frogging it one more time is gonna push me over the edge:laughroll I was hoping someone else had tried it and found mistakes IF there were any and if there was'nt, they could say that too.

I'll try it again later and just not let the shaping scare me. Hopefully it will be fine when it all comes together. My daughter loves that dress and wants me to make it for her. Maybe I'm trying to hard.

Lisa

Ref: Family Circle, I went to Books a Million and they did not have it,I was so mad, thought book store will have it for sure, NOPE, after 3 more attempts in and out of very hot car, ( Florida heat) nothing, then finally went into our grocery store and there it was, I was so disappointed in it, 8 buck, and not much there, I did not buy it. Actually only 1 thing, that even interested me, and I could live with out it. I have a zillion patterns for just about anything, but for someone new to it I suggest buy and keep. I know the dress you are talking about, good luck with it. Oh remember to wear slop with it. lol

I, too looked all over Pueblo in 100 degree heat and no air condition for this magazine. I finally found it at Barnes and Noble after I had called and was told they DIDN'T have it. Anyway, I found the dress and my daughter-in-law just loves it. It will now be her Christmas present. I will be starting on it within in the next two weeks. Sorry I can't help you sooner but I've got two more projects I PROMISED myself I would finish before I started something else. (You all know I'm only kidding myself. Who can resist and new pattern and new yarn?)

I usually have a hard time with shoulder shaping. I always think they look weird or that I am doing it wrong. I just keep going until I finish both sides. If they both look weird than I figure I did it right:lol . I have taken some things apart sometimes 10 times or more before I was satisfied it was right and it laid flat. I'll let you know as soon as I get started if I have problems. Sorry, I couldn't have been more of a help.

Yarnbunny

WOW! $8! I think min was $5.99 at a craft store. I guess I made out. I wonder if the stores are the ones who set the prices because on mine the price is listed as US: $5.99 and Canada $7.99 * recommended price.

Ref: Family Circle, I went to Books a Million and they did not have it,I was so mad, thought book store will have it for sure, NOPE, after 3 more attempts in and out of very hot car, ( Florida heat) nothing, then finally went into our grocery store and there it was, I was so disappointed in it, 8 buck, and not much there, I did not buy it. Actually only 1 thing, that even interested me, and I could live with out it. I have a zillion patterns for just about anything, but for someone new to it I suggest buy and keep. I know the dress you are talking about, good luck with it. Oh remember to wear slop with it. lol

Eight dollars? Are you sure? My copy cost $5.99. I thought it had some nice patterns in it and figure that if we want crochet magazines to be published, we'd better buy them so the publishers know there's a market.

I think the patterns in this publication are awesome!!! I got mine at Michael's for $3.89. That's 40% off $5.99 with coupon. Why the different prices?

I didn't have a 40% off coupon last week when I got mine at Michaels, oh but I had it tonight and used it on a new booklet, "In-Style Scarves, 12 Long & Skinny Designs"!!!!:D This Michaels had about 3 of the mags left.

I found it at Michael's...I got the last one! :devil I haven't really looked at it yet but I too paid $5.99. Where do you get those 40% off coupons????? I surely need them as much as I spend there! ;)

I always get the Michael's coupons from the Sunday edition of the local news paper.

Mine was $5.99 at Barnes and Noble. It says $7.99 for Canada. That might be where the price difference comes from. I would offer to buy one and ship it to Canada for some one, but it might cost 2.00 to mail and we'd be right back where we started.:lol

I also found the original magazine the dress was first published in at a yard sale this weekend. I checked the directions carefully to see if there was a misprint or something that might be giving you trouble, but no. Both directions are exactly the same.

Let us know if you are still having problems.

Yarnbunny

Archived