teaching - certified??

Does a person need to be 'certified' (I guess that's the term I want to use)

to teach crocheting and charge for the lessons??:think I've recently ordered the CGOA Master's program. Would that cover what I'm asking??

Does a person need to be 'certified' (I guess that's the term I want to use)

to teach crocheting and charge for the lessons??:think I've recently ordered the CGOA Master's program. Would that cover what I'm asking??

You do not need to be certified to teach. The Master's Program is for stitches (and yes, the more you know, the more helpful you can be to those you teach) but there is also a teaching certificate program the the Yarn Council, but even with that, you do not "need" to be certified to teach others how to crochet.

That said, I will be going through both of these programs because I want to and I also when I go to try to find opportunities to teach, I want to be able to show that I do know my craft.

You never know who will value the certificates, some will, some will not.

• 2 months later...

Actually, in some places you DO have to be certified to teach. I teach at two local Michael's and I had to get certified first through the CIP linked above.

Speaking of which...does that mean I get the little TEACH icon next to my name? Or is that only for people who teach here at the 'Ville?

Speaking of which...does that mean I get the little TEACH icon next to my name? Or is that only for people who teach here at the 'Ville?

The TEACH icon is for those who teach classes here at Crochetville.

If you're interested in teaching here, please send me a PM so we can talk about it.

Archived