Red Heart has times on their labels on some skeins

LI Roe

I happened to stop at AC Moore today (which incidentally has RedHeart Super Saver on sale for $1.99). While poking around, I noticed a new color (Mirage) and as I looked at the label, I noticed there were times on it.

Some said 4:50am and another number like 16/11/10 right above it. I looked at other skeins, same thing but this time the times were different, like 2:16am with a different type number about it. Just thought it was so funny. Are they getting that specific for dye lots??

Will wonders never cease with yarn???

LI Roe

I've noticed that too; but super saver doesn't have dye lots. It's probably when the yarn was made- some kind of manufacturing information. Don't know why they are putting on the label though- kind of odd.

Super Saver does now have dye lots. Even though the preprinted part of the label says no dye lot, if the label has a stamped on number, or combination of numbers and letters, it is dye lotted. Check carefully and buy enough.

They've been going back to more and more dye lot colors since their 2 largest acrylic suppliers (who also dyed the yarn in enormous batches) went out of business.

I've often found that just because a yarn has "no dye lot" it doesn't mean that the color is always going to be consistent. I always buy all of a color I need at once, so that I don't get any nasty surprises part way through a project. :eek

Super Saver does now have dye lots. Even though the preprinted part of the label says no dye lot, if the label has a stamped on number, or combination of numbers and letters, it is dye lotted. Check carefully and buy enough.

I've noticed that on many of their skeins too in the past several years. I always pick the ones that have the same numbers, especially if I am buying in bulk (which is the norm for me, whether I need that many or not).

My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

LI Roe

Archived