Presque Isle, Maine

I have heard that a lot of the Walmarts are starting to get rid of their craft departments.

I got on their web site and couldn't tell if they have a craft department.

I'll have to call. I don't want to be caught without a stash in the RV!

Thanks, Teri

if not Maine is known for its crafters from Home spun yarns to special shops I know of several on the coast of Maine that sell yarns and craft items.

here is name of a yarn store I did a Google search that's in Presque Isle

Yarn Glass 'N More

830 Main St

Presque Isle, ME 04769-2276

207-764-8300 (Phone)

Thank you so much!

I'm glad to hear there are yarn shops in Presque Isle, I can't wait to check it out!

Between yarn shops and Walmart I'll have plenty of opportunity to buy yarn and won't have to haul an RV full clear across the country!

Teri

• 3 weeks later...

You can get info on businesses & things to do in the area on the Presque Isle Chamber of Commerce webpage. Plus, it's only 160 miles to Bangor. That's a short drive up there! lol Take your passport with you. You're so close to the border it would be a shame not to go explore in New Brunswick too. It's beautiful up there. My son & his wife live in East Machias, which is on the coast, (near Eastport.) I always stop at Shirley's yarn shop in Ellsworth on my way to visit them. You can check yarn shops on Daily Crocheter. It doesn't list Walmarts, etc, & don't forget to check discount shops too. There's bound to be some alpaca farms too that sell yarn. I think the Walmart in Presque Isle is a super center so it should have a craft section. Have a fun vacation!

Teri - no need to go out of your way. My daughter in law told me there's a cute shop in Presque Isle that has yarn & other goodies too. She works for the University of Maine system so she travels to most of the campuses & gets to Presque Isle a couple times a year.

Archived