To begin the New Year!!

Well, of course my "to do" list is never ending when it comes to crochet...who's isn't? :thinking1

But I think my first "New Year" project is going to be a Heart afghan from the "Filet Crochet Afghans in a Day" booklet by Annie's Attic. Although, kind of confused on the ending of the rows..I think I'm going to close my eyes and create one of my own! :artist

I'm excited about this project. My father was dx'd with heart disease and had heart surgery awhile ago. So this afghan will be in his "honor" and since my number one resolution is to become heart aware and heart healthy..it will be a great start :star After all, heart disease is the number one killer of women!!! :ohdear

Donna

Guest ParchedWhisper

I bet they both will be thrilled!!!!!!!!! Plus the extra meaning behind it will make it extra special. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Thanks ladies! I completed two rows last night, still trying to figure out how they get "in a day" out of this! It's going to take a few days :eek2

But I'm using Red Heart Burgundy, it's a lovely shade of red. Our yarn selection is pretty slim here, so I have to use what we have. Since we are moving, I don't have time to order yarn and wait on it. I'll be in the states by then! But, if this one turns out, I'm planning to make one for my mother and mother in law. We'll see....:heart

I will post pictures when it's completed..since I know how know :danc

Donna

I can't wait to see the pictures. :hyper

You picked a great color.

My Dad has had two heart operations, so I agree, heart health awareness is very important.

I made a filet throw last year and it took me longer than a day!

:rotfl

juanita

sounds wonderful, donna! you know they will treasure them! woohoo on coming back to the states!! bet you're excited:bounce do you know where your next station is?

i've wondered why in the world they name them "in a day" that's nuts!!! guess they don't take kids and critters and email and phone ringing and eating and bathroom breaks and sleeping and all other things into consideration!:spina

Archived