What did you do?

chsarrow

Question

I have done a ripple afghan but it does not tell what to do for a border. :think I think it needs one to cover how I knotted my thread when changing colors. :eek (That's because I was afraid it would come undone if I didn't):blush

Have any of you done one with any border you could share? If you haven't used a border on a ripple, what is one you think might work?

Thanks

Charlene

5 answers to this question

I have recently made the Ripple Afghan and I used an Eyelash type yarn for my edges. One round or SC working the increases and decreases as appropriate at the points and valleys.

I did join my yarn with knots, then crocheted over the tails so I just had to snip off the bits left, then the edging hid all the evidence of the knots.

On every 2nd row of DCs, I worked into the back loops only on every stitch, except when doing the increase at the points, then I worked a row of SCs onto the ridges, before I did the edge right around the afghan. The afghan was done in Rainbow colours, with 4 rows of each colour, then I use bright gold eyelash on all the ridges except the gold where I used Black, then used black around the finishing edge, working over the ends from all the ridges.

It looks great.

I did one for mum in random colours with black repeated every 6th row, and just did the ridges in Eyelash, on about 4 rows at each end and she loves the feel of it.:cheer

I also did the round ripple using the same idea on the edges.

I managed to take some photos but have still not worked out how to show them here.

Hope this all make sense.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

colleen when you start a new thread you have a row of different boxes to click and one of these is images and when you click on it and take out the http you paste ur link in there as long as you have your pics in a place like photobucket that is. the top url link is put in and then your pic will appear. hope this helps. :)

Archived