hope this is the right place ? about web sites

crochetdreams

Hi everyone i hope this is the right board for this

this is kind of a dum question but does any one know of a site where i can do a web site with out hmtl :think i can crochet anything but cant get the hang of that :blush and i really want to get a web site up to show some of my designs right now i just use picture trail i have seen some of yours and they are great any help would be aperecated thanks much

crochet hugs

Dee:hook

I would suggest a blog from blogger, or tblog, they are both easy to use, require no knowledge of html, and are easy to update. If a web site is more what you are looking for, geocities is easy to use, but not so easy to update....i have a dsl connection and it goes SLOW SLOW SLOW for me

I'd agree that geocities is very slow... but it is quite easy to use.

I'd recommend getting an account with a couple of different free places, having a play around with them, and seeing which one you like the best. Then stick with the best one :D

That's what I did when I created my first webpage (back in ol' 1997).

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS ILL TRY GEO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS :ty NOW FOR ANOTHER DUMB ?? :think WHAT IS A BLOG?:blush

IM LOOKING FOR A WAY TO SELL MY PATTERNS AND MAYBE SOME READY MADE ITEMS WOULD A BLOG HELP?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

IF YOU,D LIKE TO SEE SOME OF MY DESIGNS AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

WWW.PICTURETRAIL.COM/CROCHETDREAMS

CROCHET HUGS:2hug

DEE

the word blog is short for "weB LOG" sort of an online journal. I personally find it easier to update than a website, because you just make a new post (sort of like on here) and all of the older stuff moves down, and the new stuff is on top. You can look around at several by clicking on links in signatures. Some people use both a blog and a website, and some people use only one or the other. as for doing sales, I would suggest looking around to what other people are doing to get ideas, and see what would work for you.

:tyill check some out . yours is cute :cheer

some one at another list suggested i hire some one to do it for me and i had contacted a few places but the prices where way to high for what a couple wanted i could get my own catalog done lol

again thanks for everyones advice

:hook:hug

crochet hugs

Dee

Archived