Need Suggestions

Cordelia

Question

I need yarn suggestions, please. I need to find well draping, fairly lightweight yarns in deep rich tuscan colors.

The project is a long shawl , special request. She'd like it not to be stratchy arcrylics, who can blame her right?, and no 100% wools. I was thinking about a wide range of textures, and think I have a deep rich mocha mohair blend that will work. And I dont want the light mohair blend stretched by other fibres. But need other suggestions. So as you can see I'm a bit lost!:(

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to ask questions.

Stumped!:think

TIA:manyheart

5 answers to this question

I think it's cool that you want to mix textures and that could end up looking very funky!! With fuzzy mohair you could use a smooth cotton, a nubbly terry, some feathery yarn... What a neat project.

I don't actually know what Tuscan type colors are... :blush so I'm going to assume they're rich and earthy...

Gosh, I guess I wasn't much help, since I didn't actually give you any yarns!!

What about TLC Amore? Caron Bliss? Paton's Carmen? A nice mercerized cotton? Maybe look here for some textures that appeal to you?

Can't wait to the FO...

Great input! I so appreicate it! I do have a bit of time, but am very anxious to get started at the same time! Hate mucking about on one project!:P

Now to see whats available!

Elizabeth, I've seen your yarns they are fabu.....You got some now for sell?

I am looking for deeps golds, olive greens, browns, rich terra cotta, and a nice crimson red. And muy texture is important. I saw a lovely persimmon linen blend but it was 18.00 a hank!:eek

Just direct me to your choices and prices and I can overwork my two braincells. Or however ya work it! :P

Thanx again everyone!:hook:hug

Anxious In Hell also known as Texas!:blush (so friggin hot)

Archived