Just had to share this little story

I have been reading the posts where people don't appreciate the love and hard work that goes into our gifts and how it gets to all of us when they don't take care of what we have done.

This is a different take on it. A couple of years ago, I crocheted a few pet blankets for my boyfriends little doggies so that they could lay on them. Unfortunately, one of them, who is still around (the other has since passed away) was more playful and got into things, not destructive on purpose but just loved to play a little more aggressively, for lack of a better word. Anyway, he calls me up one day, embarrassed, apparently Misty got a little carried away and chewed a little hole in it. He wanted to know if I could repair it. I said I would take a look at it so he brought it over and I actually repaired it so that you would never know it had been chewed, looked just like new.

Now the only problem is that he won't let Misty or the new little doggie that wandered in through the fence (and now is too chunky to wander out) sleep on them since he is concerned that either one will chew them again. I keep tellling him that is what they are for but he wants to keep them as good as new. Duh, it's a pet blanket, it is going to get a bit on the tattered side. Do I care?? No, I wanted them to be comfy. He has other mats he lets them on, sometimes when he is home and can keep an eye on them, he puts mine out but takes them away when he leaves.

Totally different, here is a guy who doesn't want something to be used (even the afghan I crocheted for him looks brand new, doesn't want it ruined, he has them on display) because I put a lot of work into it and he wants it to look good.

Guess there are people who care, makes it worthwhile. Though I still want him to use them. At least they are not hidden away.

LI Roe

When I was visiting my oldest DD in Boston last weekend, we went to the Bruins/Devils hockey game- it was a little chilly, so we all put on scarves since we would be doing a bit of walking- my oldest, my youngest, my DD's room mate and I. One of my DD's commented- isn't it neat that we are all wearing a home-made scarf by Mom?

A coworker of mine brought her ipod shuffle along with the earphones to work. They were always on her desk when not used, so I decided to crochet her a little "sack" to keep them in and keep them clean. One day I got a call from her 10 yo daughter stating that she saw her Mom's ipod container and could I make one for her and her sister so they also can keep their shuffles in them? What an honor it is to make them for these adorable little girls.

Years ago I made a sweater for my then boyfriend (now husband). His mom admired the sweater and said, "I hope he doesn't wear it!"

I know she meant she hoped he didn't wear it out in nature, where wild animals might slash at it with their claws, or where it might get tangled in scraggly trees, or where it might get--oh no!--dirty! But that's not what she said...

Archived