Oct 2005 Annie's Favorite Crochet

xantha

Mine came in the mail yesterday -- I really like the doilies in it!

The best picture I can find online is here at the Annies Favorite Crochet sneak preview page.

However, when I saw that it has 200+ rounds/rows... uh yeah.. :eek

It also has a cute sweater (you can see it on the preview page) and a cute baby cardigan.

That doily doesn't look like it has that many rounds! :eek What are they using, size 80 thread or something?!:think

#20. But I think you work each section in pieces... so it's really not worked in rounds, it's worked in rows, where each section is x rows times x sections = >200 ... :eek

I need to look at the pattern again. I'm not sure I'm up for it though :)

Sections? :think Are we talking about that loopy-flowery doily on the link you gave? Why would it need sections? Are they working the loops seperately and then fastening off?

they are worked together but you work each one at one time.

it's hard to tell from the picture... I'll try to remember to take one tonight and share it. It actually looks very similar to rickrack with how the pattern is worked -- each petal loop is connected so you work each one back and forth... erm.

Okay, instead of working the doily in the usual rounds around the middle, you work a bit for the middle and then you work one of the loopy petals back and forth, until you come back down to the center and start on the next loopy petal in the round. Does that make sense? It's hard to describe :)

Help! Which issue is the one you are talking about. I'm asking because I never received the one with the Stocking and Pumpkin in it and if you're getting the flowery-loopy doily one already then I need to be calling someone about my missing issue. Thanks!

And that doily is gorgeous. I wish I had the patience to make something that pretty. It sounds like a lot of work.

Got my issue the other day.

I like the turkey dish also. :tdance It will go great with my turkey center piece.:ttalk

I like the peach colored sweater in it and it comes in directions for up to XXL. That is not usual.:hook

Got that issue yesterday and was pondering what to make, when my 2006 Calendar came in the mail today! What to do, what to do? And Amazon mailed out my painted doilies book...................:eek

Help! Which issue is the one you are talking about. I'm asking because I never received the one with the Stocking and Pumpkin in it and if you're getting the flowery-loopy doily one already then I need to be calling someone about my missing issue. Thanks!

As I noted in the thread subject, it's the Oct 2005 issue. It just came out for subscribers, so yours may show up in a day or two... I hope! it has some cute designs. :)

Wow... I must be losing my mind. I didn't even register that when I read your posts.:blush I'll have to contact them about my missing August issue.

Archived