I met a crocheter!

I've never run into a crocheter in public, or had anyone ask me about my crocheting in public so today was a surprise.

I got the "i'd rather be crocheting" bumper sticker in a RAOK and it's on my bumper. I was at work and my boss wife, who is an accountant, had a client in. He then came over and said " Are you the crocheter?" and I said Yes.

He went on to tell me that HE, yep, another male crocheter, crochets all the time. He uses rug warp and OO hooks to make berets! He says he uses Native American art as his inspiration and that he charges Hundreds of dollars for his things. He also does smaller stuff like coasters and such. I told him he should open a shop or sell online. He hasn't gotten into the online thing yet. He says his things need to be touched and he may move to Italy and sell them over there. He woud really like to get into make bikinis. I tried to tell the accountant some things about all you wonderful ladies and the things you make, including the bikinis. He may be online someday soon and he'll be famous for sure.

What a thrill to finally meet another crocheter. His stuff sounds fantastic and I hope someday he gets an opportunity to bring some in for show and tell. I bet it's just gorgeous. He said something about color changes and patterns, i bet it's beautiful. What a trip meeting a male crocheter who was NOT embarassed at all!!!! It was awesome and he was so cool!

There are alot of closet crocheters who have no idea about this online world we have here, can you imagine the doors it would open!!!

It just goes to show that we're everywhere :hook look at how many members we have on this forum alone. Some people won't crochet in public, I used to hate it when people would ask me what I was making. I found that they never had the vision to see what it would be when finished and so after I told them they would just shrug and say oh............oh, after the work you put into the peice.........oh, :angry now I don't crochet in public very much.

This is so exciting.

I almost never meet someone else who crochets, in real life. Tomorrow, I get to attend my first Crochet Club meeting. A dear lady, found my name on-line and called me at home, then invited me to a local Crochet Club that has about 45 members.

Then, I had CrochetRN (from this forum) to contact me and we are trying to work out a time to meet. This is great.

NOW.... where do I get one of those bumper stickers from? I've got to know. I don't normally put bumper stickers on my vehicles, but I will have to make an exception for this one. I wonder if I could get a magnetic one?

Archived