Wore out a book

Every time I need a baby blanket, I look through 100 magazines and books, and go back to Leisure Art's "Our Best Baby Afghans". I've had this book at least 14 years, and the binding was just falling apart.

I read here that someone took their book to Kinko's/FedEx and got a new spiral binding put on it.

So I did that today. Did it for me as I waited. Cost just over $5, but it was so worth it.

Now the book will last another 10 years or so. Tried and true patterns, that's me.

So who else has done this?

:manyheart

I haven't binded or wore out a book yet. I just wanted to let you know that if you plan on getting a lot of your books binded, Ltd. co. has the binding machine for $19.99 and extra binding rings for $4.95 per 150. Just a warning: This company takes awhile to ship and the shipping costs can get kind of high.

hey! cool!

can't say I've had that happen to any of my books yet...but I love it when stuff like that happens :)

I haven't had that done with any of my books, but I have only been collecting them for a few years so far, but I keep my mags in plastic page covers, and I copy the page at the end of the book that shows a picture of all the projects and place it behind the mag, so as I flip i can see the cover and then turn it to see all the projects, that way i am handling them less. I have lately taken to copying the patterns on my scaner and either printing them or reading them off my computer to save the pages :D

Archived