Frustrating myself

I have my first craft fair coming up on Nov 7, and just can't seem to finish any of my projects! I know that I am running out of time and need to get this stuff done, but I just keep getting lacadaisical. Has this ever happened to anyone else? How did you get thru it? :think

I've never had to rush for a fair but I've had gift time crunches before. I do what I can until I get frustrated then go and work on something else for just a little bit. I also try to keep the gifts small so I can finish them as quick as possible. I would probably do the same for a fair if I had the chance.

Hugs and Cookies

I know exactly how you feel, am there right now. I think one of the best things to do is not to overwhelm yourself. Just finish what you can and relax and you'll get it all done. I've been doing craft fairs for years, but this year I've had a few health set backs, so I'm doing only one. They're fun, so enjoy yourself, it's a fun time of the year. Relax, keep track of what you're doing. I've learned that even if I finished everything, you never know what people are looking to buy.

What types of things are you making? I specialize in doll clothes, but like to make a variety of things and every year I look for more ideas. I've found a few new ones this year, but I also realize they probably won't get done.

I guess I don't have any helpful tips, just relax and enjoy the time.

I'm not working on a craft fair, but I know how you feel. I am working on an afghan that is taking way too long. It dawned on me tonight, that I hadn't touched it in two weeks. Every time I have crochet time, I pick up the charity hat that could be done any time. I must get motivated!

Maybe you just deep down really don't want to do it right now. I find that the problem when I become lackadaisical. Take some time, sit somewhere pretty with a cup of tea and ponder it. If you can realize the reason behind it then you get get to fixing it.

I took today off from crocheting. Did some painting instead, I think that's what I needed. I'm going to start fresh tomorrow.

@funnymom8- I am mainly making baby/toddler things. Some little purses, counting toys and layette sets. I'm hoping they sell, but if not someone will have another baby sooner or later!

Archived