Half Granny Shawl in Autumn Colors

yarnjeannie

I'm making a couple of shawls - tried this one in fall colors. My SIL is undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma and she said she is cold all the time. My husband asked her if she would like me to make a shawl for her (I had already planned to do so, so the surprise was revealed) and she requested one in autumn colors. What do you think of this combination? I've only made these half-grannies in solid colors before, and I'm hoping that the stripes of color look okay. I'm not planning on fringing the shawl - I like the clean edges on it the way it is. Or would you suggest adding fringe to it - do you think it would improve it?

I want to make another shawl for my son's fiancee's aunt, who has been battling breast cancer and is not doing well. (Please keep both in your thoughts). She's a lovely woman and I am hoping that a shawl will keep her warm and comfort her. I am actually thinking that I may send this finished shawl to this lady first.

My husband and I will be going on a cruise, so my yarn and hook will go with me so that I can start, and hopefully finish the second shawl.

post-14127-135897582981_thumb.jpg

Archived