Another originality ?

MarvieN

Question

I made a bag today. The bag was inspired by a slipper I was trying out for my hubby, as I was frogging to try something different I thought it would make a great purse bottom. So I saved it, and today I continued on and created a way cool looking little bag/purse. All but the bottom is my own, from my head kinda on the fly. I'm wondering if the fact that I used the slipper sole would make this pattern unusable for submission to the calendar? Any thoughts? (the bag can be seen on my blog)

5 answers to this question

Where is your blog? (Am I missing it or what, I clicked on your sig but it didn't go anywhere?)

As for the bottom, is it that unusual of a pattern? Could you rework it maybe with a single crochet type bottom so that you wouldn't have to worry about any copyright violations?

Marvie's blog can be found HERE

The Post that talks about the bag can be found HERE

Marvie, Why don't you email Annie and ask her? She'd be closer to knowing for sure than I would.

This is not a copyright infringement. You did not make the slipper and use it as your own design. You made an entirely different thing. You can use parts of patterns as a guide, or inspiration without it being illegal. If not, we wouldn't have 1/10 of the designs we have.

That is my opinion for what it is worth.:hook

Thanks ya'll =) I'll be getting the pattern ready to submit just as soon as I hear from Deneen and Bec and know that the thing can be made by someone besides me ;) When I have a chance I'll throw it up on my pattern page too. If anyone wants the pattern before I get round to getting it out there just give me a shout =) I'll email it or something

Archived