Jimbo challenge

ExRea

Just had a thought. (I do that sometimes... usually not in the venue preferred by Karol, but sometimes).

I could make JUST the handles, and folks could adapt their hook sets by hack-sawing off the Boye handle, filing down the sides of the grip flats, and gluing the stub in the handle. Twould reduce the costs significantly from my end.

Whatcha think??

Just had a thought. (I do that sometimes... usually not in the venue preferred by Karol, but sometimes).

I could make JUST the handles, and folks could adapt their hook sets by hack-sawing off the Boye handle, filing down the sides of the grip flats, and gluing the stub in the handle. Twould reduce the costs significantly from my end.

Whatcha think??

Don't you think it could be possible to put basically the same kind of pressing gadget to the handle, but designed for single hooks 15-12 (just an estimate)? I don't want to glue since the thin hooks break and need to be replaced.

You Bet! But tell me, do you think that handle will work well for you. I haven't glued the two together yet so you can have a choice if you'd prefer a different handle. Oh and thanks for the challenge!

Still noodling on one that would let you interchange hooks of the same size. To my knowledge, Boye only sells the sets and no replacement hook heads.

Yes, pls glue the assembly together for me & I'll send payment through pay pal. The handle looks great from what I can see in the pix. Just 1 question though...How 'fat' is the handle? Is it the same size as the 00 hook you did for me??? OOPs, that was 2 questions.

Check out the Denise hooks on Ebay>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/Denise-Interchangable-Crochet-Hook-Size-17-12-mm-New-/370313061570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563860e4c2

It appears they sell the interchangeable hooks separately. Although I have not used a "Denise" hook it may be the answer to getting replacement hooks for the smaller ones that break. Just a suggestion...

As for your idea of getting our own hook handles and cutting them off to fit into 1 of your handles...I do not have that kind of equipment or the know how to do such a thing...However I do think to cut your cost you may have the customer buy the set and send it to you for your hook handle adjustment and then pay you for your labor & shipping cost to send it back after you have completed the labor.

Since you have already bought the set you used for a demo I could send you my set of Boye interchangeable hook set to replace the 1 you used. Then you could sell the next set...Whacha think??? (Of course my buying price would be cheaper by me supplying the hook set)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, pls glue the assembly together for me & I'll send payment through pay pal. The handle looks great from what I can see in the pix. Just 1 question though...How 'fat' is the handle? Is it the same size as the 00 hook you did for me??? OOPs, that was 2 questions.

Check out the Denise hooks on Ebay>>>http://cgi.ebay.com/Denise-Interchangable-Crochet-Hook-Size-17-12-mm-New-/370313061570?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563860e4c2

It appears they sell the interchangeable hooks separately. Although I have not used a "Denise" hook it may be the answer to getting replacement hooks for the smaller ones that break. Just a suggestion...

As for your idea of getting our own hook handles and cutting them off to fit into 1 of your handles...I do not have that kind of equipment or the know how to do such a thing...However I do think to cut your cost you may have the customer buy the set and send it to you for your hook handle adjustment and then pay you for your labor & shipping cost to send it back after you have completed the labor.

Since you have already bought the set you used for a demo I could send you my set of Boye interchangeable hook set to replace the 1 you used. Then you could sell the next set...Whacha think??? (Of course my buying price would be cheaper by me supplying the hook set)

I'm back home now & received the hooks. I love it! I'll be sending you a snowflake I crocheted with it! Again THANKS for taking the challenge and going beyond my expectations!

• 1 month later...

Just recieved several sets of the Boye Interchangeables and have made up a Black Locust handle for one of the sets. It, along with the interchangeable hooks is up for sale in my blog, along with some other hooks and a Crimmis hook give away. Thanks again for the inspirtation, ExRea!!

For the next challenge. It would be great if you could do a handle that you can just slip a hook in while leaving the whole hook intact. Like this but with that specail Jimbo touch.

post-996-135897605363_thumb.jpg

post-996-135897605366_thumb.jpg

Archived