Favorite brand of needles

CLLinda

I decided to go with circulars in a long length, so I can use them for just about anything. So I've gotten Addis and I like them a lot. I got a couple of the Addi bamboos at first but now I am getting the metal ones because they are faster.

I love how limp the cable is, it doesn't kink at all.

I don't like carrying around the Addis if i am taking my knitting to a waiting room or the like, so I've gotten several Clover bamboo straights for that, and i like the way they feel.

the price of even the Clovers is a shock to the system compared to the price of crochet hooks!:lol

• 3 weeks later...
I love Knitpicks circulars. I just wish they came in more sizes.

What's your favorite?

:manyheart

What do you mean by "more sizes"??

I have the Options Interchangeable and 16 inch, 24 inch and 40 inch in the 0-3's.

What do you mean by "more sizes"??

I have the Options Interchangeable and 16 inch, 24 inch and 40 inch in the 0-3's.

I mean longer size fixed needles in sizes 4-10. I have the interchangeable ones, but sometimes, I just want to use a fixed one.

:manyheart

• 1 month later...

When I was choosing which brand of interchangables to invest in (at these prices, a set of interchangables - no matter the brand - they are an investment), someone explained a "lifeline" (greatest thing since wheels on luggage!), & the ease of doing a lifeline w/ the little hole at the base of the KP needles; this is what sold me on the KP needles. Now that I have them, I love them; the sharpness of the points, and the flexiblity of the cables.

• 2 weeks later...

I like KnitPicks, both circs and fixed. I have most of the nickel plated tips and some of the Harmonies, which I like better than the nickel ones. For lace I prefer their Harmonies fixed in the small sizes. For socks I've used their nickel fixed in small sizes, as I like to knit socks on two circs. I have a few Addis and they're OK but the tips are not nearly as pointy. That's fine for some things but not for others.

Archived