Thread alternatives....Peaches and Cream

Lollie2639

Hi everyone! Thanks for reading.

I wanted to say that I have crocheted several years...just beginner stuff mostly....and I have always used Red Heart or Mainstays (walmart brand) yarn.

I just used two rolls of Peaches and Cream cotton yarn and I absolutely love it. I find it very easy to work with. I CANNOT crochet thread...it wads up, twists, turns, and my stitches are U-G-L-Y as can be.

I want to try some projects that call for size 10 thread. I am wondering...since I fell in love with the Peaches and Cream so much, and it seems smaller than Red Heart, for example....if I could use it instead of the thread??? What do you suppose?

Otherwise, when a pattern calls for size 10 thread, what else could I possibly use????

Laurie:shrug

Fingering weight yarn is pretty small, you can use that! Peaches and Cream is worsted weight and is great for stuff like coasters and dishcloths. If you make a pattern that calls for #10 with this stuff, it'll work, but it'll be HUGE!!! I suggest you try a fingering/baby weight yarn and see how that works for you.

Or else, just jump right in, and use a larger hook with the #10. I have used a 1 or 2 and found it to be a little easier to get the stitches out right. Of course, now a 6 is fine with me, but you can go higher on the hook size with thread.

i can suggest maybe trying a size 3 thread.. and see how you like that ..

I found the Size 3 in lots of pretty colors at JoAnn's and it definitely seems like a good thread to start with rather than size 10.

Not expensive either!

Size 3 or 5 is a nice transition thread. I went backward, learning with thread, and working up to yarn.

I have recently discovered, and really liked, J&P Coats Royale microfiber and fashion crochet thread (I've heard it's only at michael's).

Archived