Crochet Pattern a Day accepting patterns!!

Just wanted to get the word out to my fellow crocheters out there!! I received an email from the publishers of the knitting pattern a day and crochet pattern a day calenders (Ripley Publishing). They are now saying that due to crocheters contacting them and letting them know they would be disappointed if the calender for crochet patterns was discontinued-----, they have now decided to continue the crochet pattern a day calender after all!! (They were considering discontinuing it due to "lack of interest", I said how sad is that!! It can't be!! I guess I wasn't the only crocheter out there who felt that way (way to go crocheters!!), so they are now deciding to continue it, but they need crocheters to send in their patterns as soon as possible!!! Send in your patterns before August 15th to be considered for the 2012 calender!!!!!

You Go Crocheters!!!!!!

P.S. I read on this forum that the book stores weren't selling the crochet pattern a day calender last year, they didn't order any to put out for sale, they only ordered the knitting pattern a day calender!!! Well, I too noticed that I couldn't find any at my book stores (Barnes and Noble and Borders) I couldn't find them, so I ordered one online. I plan to let my book store manager know this year that I want the crochet pattern a day calender in the book store please!! They already have such a minimum selection of crochet pattern books, which keeps decreasing by the way, and all there is are knitting pattern books and more and more knitting pattern books!! Crocheting is just so much easier to learn, for one thing, and easier to fix mistakes for another thing, than knitting is. If you want to keep crochet popular, like I do, we just all have to speak up and let the book stores know!! Before long all that will be available is ordering on line, and I like to be able to pick up a book and look it over first, it just isn't the same ordering online, for me anyway. Walmart has already taken away our yarn, what's next??

okay, off my soap box for tonite anyway!! I am not a crochet designer (yet), so I am asking for all you creative ones who are out there, you know who you are, to submit your patterns and bombard the www.knittingpatternaday.com website, so they will hear out cry!!!! (no wonder they aren't getting much feedback from crochet patterns when the website is called knitting pattern a day!! I think this is just some sort of conspiracy.....lets not take this laying down!!

Hold our Hooks High and Hear our Roar!!!

It's sad that places only carry Knitting books and such... seems like they think knitting is the only fibercraft out there. I am gonna be trying to design something soon.. for my ferret. and I hope I get it done in time to submit. but to go Off the topic a min.

My local raido station has been playing a add for 6 flags.. where there is these 3"valley" girls (2 girls 1 guy) n they talk about all the things they do together.. and one was "crocheting".. It was so nice to hear it on the raido. and them not say "knitting"

but I'm gonna check with the books stores around me.. or mabey even walmart as they are my closest book source.. otherwise i have to drive a hour to get to Douglasville ga :(

That is great!! Thanks for sharing that !! Makes me want to teach more crochet classes for teens in my area!!! I would like to see your ferret pattern in the crochet pattern a day calender!! Too Cool!!!!!!!

P.S. If for some reason anyone has problems getting to this website, just email me at havehookwilltravel@gmail.com, and I will forward you the email I received about request for submissions of crochet patterns!!

LOL, how many do you have???? And how on earth do you get them to be still long enough to model a piece of clothing/accessory???? I tried to make a sweater for my cat once, he ran into the kitchen and in one split second came back in the living room without it on!!!

How exciting! I'm so glad it's going to continue. Some years have been less "exciting" than others, but it's such a fun calendar.

I know in the past, people have found the Calendars at Sams Club or Costco, for about $9...

I have a couple little patterns written up... might just be time to get some photos and submit. :)

(BTW, if you submit and are accepted, you get a free calendar ;) )

I have never submitted anything before but was planning on it this year. Do we still retain our rights to it to submit it elsewhere or to sell it online? Thanks!

Yes you do.You retain your rights; they don't pay you any $$ for your pattern. But you do get a calendar out of the deal :D It's pretty well explained on their website.

Do make sure you have a good photo with good resolution. If the photo is too small, or too low of resolution, they can't print the pattern. Most of the time, if you're uploading right from your camera, you should be okay. Cell camera's probably not.

HTH

Archived