T.R. Pettet

use of Asterisks

Question

Row 2: Ch 3 for first dc, *5 dc in ch-2**, in center dc of next 5-dc group work dc, ch2, and dc; repeat from *across. end last repeat at**, dc in top of starting chain. Turn

What does this mean?

4 answers to this question

It is confusing! Not seeing what you already have... you have a chain 2 space at the beginning.. 5 dc in that space. there is then on the previous row 5 dc that you made. In the middle dc do a dc, ch2 and dc. You are to repeat this across the row and SHOULD end up with a 5dc in a ch 2 space.

I hope that helps?

Row 2: Ch 3 for first dc, *5 dc in ch-2**, in center dc of next 5-dc group work dc, ch2, and dc; repeat from *across. end last repeat at**, dc in top of starting chain. Turn

What does this mean?

Well to me you are going to do this all the way to just before the end.

*5 dc in ch-2**, in center dc of next 5-dc group work dc, ch2, and dc; repeat from

Then the last repeat will stop here *5 dc in ch-2**, then dc in the starting chain. Mary

Ignore the ** completely until you are 1 stitch away from the end of the row. The ** is just a marker for a later instruction. The repeat will start at the single * and end at the semicolon ;

When you are 1 stitch from the end you should be at the point in the repeat where the ** is. Then, dc in turning ch, turn.

Thak you all for your help, I too am under the assumption that I should end with **, will try it and see what it looks like, Theresa.