Looking for Bible cover pattern in thread crochet

angelprincess068

Question

I am looking for a Bible cover pattern in thread crochet for my 10 yr old to give to her when she turns 13. I have a pattern for WW yarn but cannot find anything so far in thread. I want it in thread since I want her to have a pretty cover for her Bible. I am making her several religious items by her 13th birthday and a Bible cover will be one of them. Any sites, patterns and whatnot would be very helpful. I have half a ball of lavendar Aunt Lydia's thread crochet that I want to use on this. Thanks for any help on this.

5 answers to this question

What a beautiful gift for your DD!

have you tried http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com ? you might try doing searches for Book Covers or Journal Covers, too.

There was one in an old Crochet World mag...some patterns from that mag I've seen later, showing up on freepatterns.com (same corp), so it might be worth a look there...

Otherwise, they're not too hard to make. Measure the Bible front to back (edge to edge) open and closed. Use the longer measurement. Measure top to bottom.

Next add about 4" to the long measurement (for the flaps that the covers tuck into).

This gives you the basic dimensions for your piece.

Pick a favorite lacy stitch, and work either lengthwise or widthwise (which ever look you prefer) to those dimensions...some with longer repeats make this harder.(If your pattern comes CLOSE, it's better to be a smidge on the small side, in my experience...but only a smidge...though thread can grow) block the finished piece to your dimensions.

I tend to line the ones I've made with light fabric, and in one, the entire pocket was fabric only, as the stitch I used was too bulky to be the pocket.

I hope this helps a bit. :P

Blessings

If you want to try do to your own, you could also do squares/motif's. Lots of lacy doily, tablecloth, runner, etc., ones to choose from. If the square is a different size thread and hook, just make one square, measure and see how it fits on the front and back. The spine could be even a bookmark or a simple straight sold rectangle.

Crochet pattern Central has several motif patterns (104 in fact) so just search for "Motif".

Archived