Hook help

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but there's sooooo much information that I'm overwhelmed!!

I'm making a couple dolls for my grandparents anniversary and using an aluminum Boye hook in C. I made one entire doll and started on the second when I noticed the hook stating to bow. I only got a few runds done on the second when it snapped. So I bought another. I'm literally only on row 26 and it's already starting to bow. I know it's only aluminum and it's soooo skinny...

Anyways, my husband has said that I can spend the money on something STRONG and nice so that I don't have to keep buying these crappy ones...but I'm not sure what to look for???

I'm sure this question has been asked 1000 times, but there's sooooo much information that I'm overwhelmed!!

I'm making a couple dolls for my grandparents anniversary and using an aluminum Boye hook in C. I made one entire doll and started on the second when I noticed the hook stating to bow. I only got a few runds done on the second when it snapped. So I bought another. I'm literally only on row 26 and it's already starting to bow. I know it's only aluminum and it's soooo skinny...

Anyways, my husband has said that I can spend the money on something STRONG and nice so that I don't have to keep buying these crappy ones...but I'm not sure what to look for???

Maybe try a steel hook? I couldn't find a mm size for a size C Boye but the Bates is listed at 2.75mm. Boye's largest steel hook sizes overlap their smallest aluminum hooks.

• 3 weeks later...

What about using the clover gold ones with the plastic covering over the shaft. That seems to help keep them from breaking, and they come in that size I think.

Or try the new Susan Bates hooks that are aluminum and then have a bamboo handle on them. They are quite comfortable, even in a small size needle.

:manyheart

Archived