My niece's wedding present

sem464

It's lovely! And from the pics it appears that you had better luck with the mainstays than I did! I hate their yarn!

You know, I was really suprised with this yarn. It was really soft & worked up really well. It may depend on what colors you use. I am learning that with almost all brands that the amount of dye they have to use determines the softness. Example: Go check out a skein of solid Simply Soft & a skein of verigated. You can really tell a difference. (Just a side piece of info:lol )

Dottie, I will look up the pattern. It was in one of those small booklets. I will try to post it tomorrow.

Julie K, I don't mind any copying you want to do. I am just honored that so many of you like what I did. My problem is I think everything has to match perfectly.

My problem with the mainstays was that the thickness varried SO much. It would be fine then I would hit a patch of super skinny (about size 3 thread) for 6-8 inches then it would go back to normal then a few feet later it would be like a bulky weight for 6-8 inches.

Beautiful!!!! I have this mainstay variegated color and never imagined it looking so pretty in anything. Now I need to get those other 2 colors and make this afghan! You guys make such pretty things using yarn that doesn't break the wallet. I always feel like I have to spend a lot on yarn in order for the project to look nice. Thanks for sharing!.

Archived