Chain 3 rope border

Nicolecrochets

Question

I need help with the chain 3 rope border. I have the pattern and I have done all the single crochet chain 3's in the main color but now I am on round 2 with the other color. I don't understand the directions for this round, are there pictures or a tutorial somewhere?

Thank you!!!!

5 answers to this question

If it's a free pattern you can post the link to, someone may be able to look at it and help you. I am not familiar with this pattern, good luck, hope someone else can help. Can you post the directions just for round 2, that may help someone figure it out with you.

I do mine differently.

(sc, ch3, sk 1 st) repeat

work (sc, ch3) twice in each corner

For the 2nd color you can (sc in the skipped st, ch3)

THEN remove the hook, put it thu the hole made by the ch3 in the previous row, catch the loop and pull the ch3 thru the hole.

I do mine differently.

(sc, ch3, sk 1 st) repeat

work (sc, ch3) twice in each corner

For the 2nd color you can (sc in the skipped st, ch3)

THEN remove the hook, put it thu the hole made by the ch3 in the previous row, catch the loop and pull the ch3 thru the hole.

If you were using 3 colors would you skip 2?

If you were using 3 colors would you skip 2?

I did. Here is my version:

1. with color A, sc, chain 5, skip 2 sc in previous row, sc, chain 5, skip 2 sc in prev row, sc.....continue around. end color A.

2. with color B, sc in stitch to left of first sc made with color A, chain 5, drop loop off hook, put hook through (under) ch5 loop of color A, catch free loop of color B, insert hook in stitch to left of second sc made with color A, sc (this stitch is made over color A), chain 5, drop loop off hook....repeat.

3. same thing, sc in st to left of first sc made with color B, chain 5, drop loop off hook, insert hook under chain 5 loops of A and B...

Archived