chit chat

mamaoso

Ravelry has some wonderful ones, and so does knitting pattern central. Sometimes I just google what I want to make and different sites come up.

Thanks for the sites. I'll check them out.

:manyheart

Now what about needles? What are the best?

I'm liking my KnitPick's Harmonies (wooden tips) better than anything so far, and I've even bought the supposed Cadillac of needles, AddiTurbo. KnitPicks has superb cables as far as being able to pull them out of the package and start knitting with NO prep. Most of the others have to have the cables soaked in hot water to soften them up enough not to spring back into a coiled shape. I'm liking the Harmonies better than KP nickel plated because they grab better, but that may depend on what is being knitted. Coarse cotton might do better with their nickel tips.

I :manyheart my KnitPick nickel plated needles..

My small size Harmonies have catches ( snags the yarn) on them where the different colors meet. Used super fine sandpaper on them but after awhile they're back. So I mostly just look at them..:lol

I found some Bernat Softee Baby yarn in my stash. So thought that I would make a Baby sack. Well I got to the cables and dang-- I have holes.. Big holes. I'm going to visit the frog pond and see if I can tighten up my stitches or just move on to another yarn.... I guess it's just to soft :c9

When I have used the softee on blankets, I have found the same is true, and that was with crocheting...as well. Oh well, good luck at the frog pond...lol!

I ended up frogging it.

Started with another yarn and much better.. They look like cables (Owls) now.

But I only have 4 more Cat squares to crochet for a throw. Need to finish that first..:P

I ended up frogging it.

Started with another yarn and much better.. They look like cables (Owls) now.

But I only have 4 more Cat squares to crochet for a throw. Need to finish that first..:P

Isn't there always a project to finish before we start another? I have a bunch of hats going, plus I'm working on a crocheted christening gown. So much to do and so little time.

Isn't there always a project to finish before we start another? I have a bunch of hats going, plus I'm working on a crocheted christening gown. So much to do and so little time.

I be happier if I would finish a project before starting another.

I'm almost done with one then I start another ( or if I find a really neat pattern). I'm going to have to slap my hand and make myself finish before going on with the other.

But I always do have 1 crochet and 1 knit going at the same time. And ofcourse a pair of socks on the needles..;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just have to seam and stuff the Teddy Bear from Red Hearts "More than Socks" booklet. I used Heart and Sole Toasted Almond.. Hope to get it done today.. :lol Hope ;)

And I'm on panel #3 of the Chevron Baby Blankie..

Whatcha all doin???

Oh, I'm all over the board with what I'm doing. I am unhappy with how a knitted sweater is going so I switched back to a crocheted thread doily. Only I'm not exactly blazing away on it either. Maybe I have the Crafter's Summertime Blahs. :blink

Oh, I'm all over the board with what I'm doing. I am unhappy with how a knitted sweater is going so I switched back to a crocheted thread doily. Only I'm not exactly blazing away on it either. Maybe I have the Crafter's Summertime Blahs. :blink

You could have the blahs. Switch to something else. Do some gardening. go to the beach. Find a new book to read. Give yourself permission NOT to knit or crochet for a while. And then when you get the urge, then do a new project. Good luck.

You could have the blahs. Switch to something else. Do some gardening. go to the beach. Find a new book to read. Give yourself permission NOT to knit or crochet for a while. And then when you get the urge, then do a new project. Good luck.

Thanks, Linda. I probably ought to follow your advice. It's just hard not to keep my hands moving. I think we handcrafters get used to those soothing motions and crave them, you know? Waiting in an office this morning for an appointment I took along one of the super-easy "granny" washcloths to knit on. I can read and do those at the same time sometimes. It was nice to zone out that way.

Hi Gals,

Been busy taking care of the garden and my little foster kittens ..They are getting bigger by the minuets..Still trying to do a couple of rows on the multi color scarf every nite ..but sometimes I just can't do it I have a farm in my back yard to feed..:tdance:cat:cat:cat:rabbit:rabbit..The other day when I brought the moma cat to get fix at the animal shelter , someone was bringing in a baby goat..my husband just said DONT U EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!! lol

post-6068-135897550271_thumb.jpg

post-6068-135897550276_thumb.jpg

You sound very busy with your farm and animals, it takes a loving/giving heart to do all that. I am sure the scarf will get done eventually, don't beat yourself up over it....enjoy your days..be well!!

I don't know how you do it Ana.. Be a foster family for those cute little kitties or any animal..

I couldn't do it. I just couldn't give them back.....

It's the summertime Blahs. Should be could be, but just don't want to be......

I took a time out the last couple of days and crochet a Minion. From http://sites.google.com/site/crochetgoods/home/minion here..

Don't have the picture on the laptop....But he's kinda cute...Made mine with one eye..:lol

Thanks girls..

mamaoso ...All are not going back :heehee I am keepeing mama and the little runt girl.. so that will make 4 cats in the house. Right now I have 5, that get along. All females and my daughter's cat female does not like them ..hopefully when my daughter moves out she will go with her...:yes

Thanks girls..

mamaoso ...All are not going back :heehee I am keepeing mama and the little runt girl.. so that will make 4 cats in the house. Right now I have 5, that get along. All females and my daughter's cat female does not like them ..hopefully when my daughter moves out she will go with her...:yes

:lol See your key words are "All are not going back". Mine would be you can't have them back...

Archived