Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

My refresh button must not be working. I have to see what you guys wrote after I write something. Is this happening to anyone else? That's why I'm so behind in the conversation.

I haven't tried refreshing. I am just typing responses and then when it posts just reading what was said after I post. So I am behind too.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't do laundry here. Washer/Dryer is in the basement and the other day I went down and there was a dead snake at the bottom of the steps. When the kids were cleaning out the basement they found another dead one and one living one and killed it. They are garter snakes, which this town seems to be infested with and I just can't deal with it. I SAID ENOUGH ALREADY, as a couple of days ago the kids found one out on the front sidewalk going up to the front porch and then when I was sitting on the back deck cleaning out all the stuff from the basement they saw one under the deck :eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:sweatI told the kids ok I am done no more for me you all just take this stuff to the dumpster I don't care what is in there just toss it :lol

:hi everyone!

Shannon, she is liking her new spot at school. There is a girl in her class who is being mean consistently, so I will have a chat with the teacher about that. It is the same girl who told her she had crazy hair.

Oh! I forgot to tell you that tomorrow she goes to get her eyes checked. She said the blackboard is fuzzy sometimes.

Oh, if she needs glasses that will make a world of difference. Just make sure you talk to her about sticks and stones, since that girl is already mean to her. But it's actually cool to have glasses now I guess.

Let us know how it goes.

:eek I can't like snakes, too... even if they are only garters. they just spook you, don't they?! :yuck

:scared:scared:scared:thumbdown:sweat:sweatDF keeps saying OH they don't bite and they won't hurt you. I said you wanna bet. They will make me hurt myself :rofl Yes they do spook me and I can't deal with them.

Thanks. I knew she would need them at some point, as everyone in mine and dh's families have them. I just wish it didn't have to surface in the middle of all this school crud.

There was something big and slimy in my washer once. I slammed the door and waited for DH to get home. I guess it went out the same way it came in. My MIL said it was probably a skink, or something like that. I was taking clothes out of the washer and saw a tail!:yuck Can you imagine if it had gone in the dryer and I turned it on???

we now have a school counselor who comes twice a week. she talks with the kids who are being bullied, and gives them strategies to handle it. I guess that's easier than dealing with the bullies. they tend to not care that they are being hurtful. Many times, they have circumstances in their lives that make them lash out. Even so... it doesn't make it easier for the nice kids who are on the receiving end...

Gl at the eye appt. Glasses are cool now as they have so many cool frames and colors. It will make a world of difference for her. Kids can be so mean, but I agree with the sticks and stones speech.

Oh, if she needs glasses that will make a world of difference. Just make sure you talk to her about sticks and stones, since that girl is already mean to her. But it's actually cool to have glasses now I guess.

Let us know how it goes.

We must've posted at the same time. Yes, I will have that talk with her, too. One little boy just got glasses and she went on about how cool they are, so I hope that at least helps.

What is a skink? :think

I don't know how much they cost or anything, but they do make Hannah Montana glasses and stuff like that. That might help her think they're cool, and she can tell the other kids too. I worry about that when DD starts school, but she's had them since she was 14 months old. It's all she knows and she thinks they're cool. Show Isabella the pictures of my DD. Maybe that will help. I don't know.

we now have a school counselor who comes twice a week. she talks with the kids who are being bullied, and gives them strategies to handle it. I guess that's easier than dealing with the bullies. they tend to not care that they are being hurtful. Many times, they have circumstances in their lives that make them lash out. Even so... it doesn't make it easier for the nice kids who are on the receiving end...

It is sad that they would rather take the approach of addressing the kids getting picked on, than discipline the bullies. The poor kids may get picked on even more if the others know they are going to see a counselor about it, kwim?

There was something big and slimy in my washer once. I slammed the door and waited for DH to get home. I guess it went out the same way it came in. My MIL said it was probably a skink, or something like that. I was taking clothes out of the washer and saw a tail!:yuck Can you imagine if it had gone in the dryer and I turned it on???

:yuck

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW yuck!!!!!!!!!! Skink is a type of lizard right?

OH she definitely wouldn't go for the Hannah Montana ones! :rofl She was saying the little boy in her class has Transformer ones and they were so cool, etc. That is what I'm afraid of. :( I will show her some pics of Janna- that might help her to see it's ok to have them when she is young. Thanks, Shannon. :hug

A skink is like a big lizard. I like watching little lizards, but I don't like finding monster lizards in my washer! What's that big Japanese lizard's name?

It is sad that they would rather take the approach of addressing the kids getting picked on, than discipline the bullies. The poor kids may get picked on even more if the others know they are going to see a counselor about it, kwim?

I know in TN there is a zero tolerance policy for all grades on bullying. If a kids is bullying they either get suspended for X amt of days/sometimes expulsion for the entire year. Not sure what the policy is here. But I agree, it is said they advertise who is getting picked on instead of advertising and reprimanding the bully.

Archived