Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Good news Joanne! :yay

Yes Monday will be a big day. DD has school and I work that evening too. I think we'll "celebrate" tomorrow. I had to buy a cake mix and icing and leave it on the counter to make sure I get a cake :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen... i don't blame you for being drained. look at how much you have had on your plate lately. You are doing a beautiful job.

...and don't worry, we will be here to party with you! What birthday will this be for you, if you don't mind my asking?

Will you get a birthday dinner, Colleen? I hope you have a great celebration!

Joanne - Yes, I think you are right. That is why we are the superior sex! He tells me all the time that yelling and screaming will get me no where, but I do find that people do not want to deal with a screaming woman and will give her what ever she wants! Terrible, I know, but it does work.

I'm not going to have gray hair until Monday :rofl My hair is actually starting to go "dull". Is that what happens before gray? I'm using "semi-permanent" colour now :blush Just putting off the inevitable, I guess :rofl

Mary, I don't know what to do about the shot. DH is adamant no. Public Health says all kids under 5 need it. DD HATES shots and I promised her no more boosters for many years after the 4 yo one :shrug The propaganda on the radio and tV is pretty fierce though. I feel like I'll let down the country if I don't get the shot :lol

Oh, Colleen- you are so YOUNG!!!!

I am very on the fence about the swine flu vaccine. But I already got the regular flu shot- they offer it at work--and I've gotten it the last 4 years...and I've never had any reactions or gotten the flu. Not sure about this new one though. The Medical Director at my company is actually at a conference about it these past 2 days and Im going to speak to him about it. He is one of the most knowledeable people I have ever met. Plus, before he became medical director where I work, he was Director of Infectious Disease at a local hospital.

I don't know how I feel about the vaccine either. DD's doctor said to ask the neurologist. There's a one in a million chance of a neurological problem, and since DD has already had a seizure, her doctor was hesitant. I don't think I want her to get it though.

:hi Shannon. How was dinner? I read what your MIL did. I'd flip, but you are right that it is DH's job to deal with her. I've washed my hands of all in-law issues and pass them on to DH. Once my MIL took DD's medic alert bracelet off to give her a bath and forgot to put it back on :angry I drove home not realizing she wasn't wearing it (she wears it ALL the time). She showed up on my doorstep with it shortly after and let's just say she didn't stay long. I don't think I even let her in the door :lol

Archived