Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good idea. I already told her that her cousin is a big girl and she doesn't play with babies, but that didn't phase her. It's like she knows when we're bluffing. Child psychology does not work on her!

Punky Brewster high-tops! Me too! They had double laces. I know because my shoe came untied while I was riding my bike and got wrapped around the pedal. I was stuck!!

Aww, I hate it when kids are too smart for us! LoL My dd told me the other day that she wanted to be a baby again and I told her she wouldn't be allowed to ride her bike or help me bake cookies. That made her think a little.

I think mine had double laces, too. I remember *needing* to wear them every time I watched the show, though! LoL

My MIL got me a potty training book and put it in with DD's birthday presents. So everyone saw it when she opened it. I'm not embarassed that she's not trained yet, but did MIL have to put it in there like I'm the one who needs help with it? I honestly don't think DD is quite ready yet.

It's for adults. Potty training in just one day, or something like that. When it happened I didn't really think anything about it. But after the party it started to irk me. I know she didn't mean anything by it. She probably just wasn't thinking.

And DH doesn't say anything, but if I had asked him he probably would have said that I wouldn't be mad if my mom did it. He reasons things in a strange way.

BTW, he's never helped DD in the bathroom, and the last time she went to MIL's she never got changed, so it's all on me.

My dh says the same thing! "If your parents did this, it wouldn't be a big deal." Men.

Maybe she didn't mean anything by it but if it was an adult-type one then she really just should have handed it to you instead of putting it in with the gifts.

Potty-training was all on me, too. Even after Mia was completely trained, if she slept at the IL's, MIL would put a diaper on her at bedtime, "so she didn't have to worry." Mia would come home and be like, "I wore a diaper last night!" :thair:rant

Yeah, she should have, but whatever. It's not that big a deal. Considering how different DH's family and my family are, we get along pretty well. I am a little envy of LeaAnne and her MIL. My mom and my dad's mom are very close too. Sometimes I wish I had that.

Yeah, she should have, but whatever. It's not that big a deal. Considering how different DH's family and my family are, we get along pretty well. I am a little envy of LeaAnne and her MIL. My mom and my dad's mom are very close too. Sometimes I wish I had that.

Me, too. We are close enough, I guess, considering how different our families are. She mostly defends me if dh says something about how I haven't cleaned or cooked or whatever, because she stayed home with her kids until dh was 7. But we're definitely not close enough to just call up and chat.

I told her many times that Mia is fully potty-trained, and she finally got it like 6 months later. :rolleyes

Do you have your list all written out for the meeting tonight? I hope it goes well for you. I'm really bad with confrontations. You've said a lot more to them than I ever would have.

I have a couple of things on it. Mostly I've just been thinking about how I would feel if someone told me that I needed to control my kids. It's one thing to say it about a dog but it's kind of insulting to say it about offspring. :blush Nevertheless, something has to be said. This can't keep happening. She actually just came over to talk to me while I am chatting with you, to say she doesn't really know how to discipline for things like that. :shrug:think

Maybe you could just suggest that she and b/f need to sit down and discuss which types of discipline she accepts for her kids. That way he'll be getting permission and know what to do if discipline is needed.

You could also offer her some of the things that work with your kids. Each kid is different, but it will be a start.

That's true. I'm sure there are ways to go about it that are friendly and non-insulting but I just get really defensive with confrontation. I like the idea of Leanne bringing her bat over, instead.

That's true. I'm sure there are ways to go about it that are friendly and non-insulting but I just get really defensive with confrontation. I like the idea of Leanne bringing her bat over, instead.

LOL! @ the bat!

...confrontation is scary for us all, I think. It's never easy. But you should have your list, to keep you on track. Make sure you cover everything, and get it all out on the table. If nothing else, it'll be out of you, and you'll feel better:hug

Archived