Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are not birch- in the house I lived in when my DD's were growing up we had birches and I loved them. In my first house I had oak leaves and I hated them!!! They were a pain to rake. Maybe they are ash- the neat thing about the leaves is that they kind of shrivel up when they fall and there is not a whole lot of raking----which suits me just fine!

Sounds like Ash. The leaves kind of have mulitple small leaves on them.

That is so cool! I miss fall with the trees turning and all. Some of them change around here, but for the most part they all stay the same. Leaves just don't fall from palm trees, I guess. :shrug

No, they don't fall off palm trees do they. We'll have to post some pics of the leaves when they turn up here so you can see them, Stacy.

Dh and I grew up in Toronto, about 3 blocks from each other. His parents had a cottage up here then they moved up here. We wanted a house for the kids and Toronto was just too expensive to buy so we bought 2.2 acres and decided to build a house and move here

:rofl After this week, silly! A girl can dream, can't she?!

Yes, I can dream- can't wait to head up to "Bawstin"!! Maybe I'll actually sleep in on Sunday since DD doesn't usually get up till about 9:30 on the weekends

Oh, and DH is not coming- he is heading down to Atlanta Georgia for a conference he has to attend and then is going to go to Phenix City ALabama (about 2 hrs away) where his youngest DD just bought her first house. He hasn't seen her in over a year so he is very excited.

Very nice, Mary. It's beautiful country! Sometimes I just want to pack it in here and move to a small town, but I've grown up in the city/suburbs and I'm not sure I'd be able to handle the gossip. Oh well, you never know! For now, as LeaAnne pointed out, we are perfectly situated behind DD's school and I love our house. It's a lot of work to keep clean :blush, but I love it.

"You aren't on the way to anywhere, Mr. Klein." Anyone know that movie? Dh plays that game with me all the time and I never know. Colleen's remark triggered it for me, though. LoL

Mary, it was cheaper to buy the land and build the house? Wow. I wish it were that easy here. LoL

:rofl Joanne. I'm not botanist. Someone told me ours were Ash so I believed them :rofl I guess i'm simple. And here I am spreading this information. I'm sure a quick google could show you a pic of an Ash leaf.

see? there you go! you'll get to sleep in (a little)

That's awesome that DH gets to visit his DD this weekend too:clap

so, do you and Dd have an itinerary yet? or are you gonna just wing it?

Yes, they definitely do burn. It never rains here, though, so it's very easy to spark a brush fire, which turns into these big wildfires. Dh said it was raining ash again today. They're not expecting full containment until Sept. 17th.

Mary- I love your area- it is "God's country" as LeaAnne calls it, but I would not be able to live there- It would be my vacation retreat. I'm too used to living in the "burbs" with stores close by and all..(i could do without the traffic though).

:hug Stacy, I hope they contain the fires soon.

Property in Ontario can be cheap if it's "on the way to nowhere". And then it is just the cost of building. I've watched real estate shows based in California and I just about fall off the couch when I hear the prices. Craziness! MI would be comparable to ON though for property/housing prices (after the exchange). :think That said, I think it's a good time to buy in the Detroit area. Looked pretty "vacant" to me when we drove through this summer. :(

Archived