items wanted for relay for life basket

hgnst90

I'm the team captain of my son's relay for life team which consists of a group of alumni from his class of 2007 Catholic School. The team is 12 boys and 2 girls all 14 yrs. old so it has been a bit of a challenge raising money when they are all involved in other fundraisers for sports and what not that they are involved in. We did a basket raffle a few months ago with all sorts of air freshener type things (febreeze, glade, etc.) and I thought it would be nice to do another one but with all homemade goodies "Nothing Better Than Home Made Lending A Hand For A Cure" We will be selling raffle tickets on the basket outside of a few of the local grocery stores as well as at a bake sale, not here on crochetville. I would love to get things from all over to fill the basket. So I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone would be willing to donate an item for the basket. I'm not sure yet when we will start the sale. I want to make sure I have enough to make a decent basket first and I need to wait until the weather gets warmer. Our team's web page through the American Cancer Society is http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY10PA?team_id=617154&pg=team&fr_id=25307

Thanks in advance.

bumping this up, hoping to get some response. I'm hoping to get donations of handmade items from all over the united states and other countries to put together a basket of handmade items "Nothing better than handmade lending a hand for a cure"" to sell raffle tickets on for my son's relay for life team. The raffle tickets will not be sold on crochetville. Just outside a grocery store in our home town. The kids may even decide to give people a ticket for a chance to win the basket when a donation is made as a Thank You. I'm leaving the options up to the team. I'm just trying to get enough items to fill the basket.

Not for awhile yet. The kids will be selling the tickets outside of a local grocery store so I have to wait until it gets a bit warmer here. I'm probably looking at by the end of February so I can start putting the basket together to be ready for the spring.

I'm not going to be picky. Whatever anyone is willing to send will be greatly appreciated. I can tell you though that I do have a few people donating dish cloths. I don't have anyone yet donating dish towels with the crochet tops. If I get some larger items (afghans, etc.) I may do a separate raffle if the person sending it doesn't object. I may end up doing a chinese auction type thing depending on how many things I get. I am just so excited that I'm getting response to this. The kids are excited too that we are getting so much help with our fundraising projects.

I will see what I can do to help out! I have participated in a few Relays over the years, they can be a lot of fun, especially if you're walking the "midnight" shift! Tell your son and his team that I wish them lots of luck!

Thanks, but I think I'm the one going to need the luck, especially for the midnight shift. This is my first year taking this on. This is the 3rd year these kids have been together as a team. Their captain last year didn't really do anything for them so I'm determined to make a great showing for these kids. The theme is hooray for hollywood and I have some awesome (at least I think they are) ideas for our tent area in "tent city" such as red carpet, gold stars with the kids names for the hollywood walk of fame, etc..

hmm......... let me see what I can come up with!

some ideas I have are........

stocking cap

scarf

dishcloth

coaster set

lap'ghan

any of these things sound like something you would want?

:heart

:mug

Anything will do. I'm not going to be picky, I can say however that I have about 4 sets of dishcloths promised so far. It doesn't have to be cancer or ribbon related either. The theme of the basket is just handmade. Thank you so much for wanting to help out.

Anything will do. I'm not going to be picky, I can say however that I have about 4 sets of dishcloths promised so far. It doesn't have to be cancer or ribbon related either. The theme of the basket is just handmade. Thank you so much for wanting to help out.

Alrighty then........ I'm on it!

:heart

:mug

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up again to see if I get any more interest. So far I've gotten items from Alaska, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Canada. I'd love to get an item from each state. I'm hoping to put the basket together mid-April so there's still plenty of time. Your name and business name (if available) will be published (unless you don't want it to be) in the basket content list.

:cheerPlease PM me your address and I will send you a pretty pink knitted scarf which looks like the Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon.

It does not take too long to get them from NZ to USA.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived