What Size is this hook

RenJac1301

Ok I have a problem, I have a pattern I want to do and it calls for a P crochet hook,

I have a BIG Blue one I got at walmart and It does not have a size on it, does any one might have a clue what size it is.

It is almost 8 inches Long

post-9333-135897495724_thumb.gif

:thinkCan you put a tape measure around where the stitches would sit as you work?

Could be about 7 or 8mm but hard to tell from a pic with nothing for reference.

Can you take another pic with a pencil beside it or something else familiar and common?

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Hi, R3n331. I have one of those still in it's package! It's the Boye size Q hook (15.75mm). I have half a mind to write the size on mine with a permanent marker when I take it out to use it; I know down the road I probably won't remember what size it is either. The Boye size P hook (10mm) is much smaller. It's light gray plastic and is about 5 1/2" long. Hope this helps! E

Hi, R3n331. I have one of those still in it's package! It's the Boye size Q hook (15.75mm). I have half a mind to write the size on mine with a permanent marker when I take it out to use it; I know down the road I probably won't remember what size it is either. The Boye size P hook (10mm) is much smaller. It's light gray plastic and is about 5 1/2" long. Hope this helps! E

I did right smack on the bottom of it.

Q is not even the biggest there are also R,S and now I think even a T! I used an S ONCE and only ONCE for a shawl for my middle niece. It worked up fast but yeah my hands were NOT happy after it was finished!

Q is not even the biggest there are also R,S and now I think even a T! I used an S ONCE and only ONCE for a shawl for my middle niece. It worked up fast but yeah my hands were NOT happy after it was finished!

I bought an S hook (19mm) for kicks a couple of weeks ago. The thing is huge! It's more geared toward bulky yarns and multiple strands, but I tested it with one strand of good old worsted weight yarn using single chains. The stitches are so big; it looks like netting! :lol I'm half tempted to make a scarf from it.

I cant remember which site it was now but just awhile back I saw a "U" hook - I think it was 23 or 25mm. I have used both the "Q" and the "S" with multiple strands, usually 3 or 4 and I really like them. They don't seem to bother my hand at all. However, the small hooks "F" down through the thread hooks - just kill my hands. It used to be anything smaller than a "B" but as the years go by the letter just keeps getting higher and higher..."G and H" are getting there.

Archived