New Crochet Magazine in UK!

Hookerangel

I saw an ad on telly yesterday for a new crochet magazine in the UK. Today DH and I went out for a walk and we were passing Eason's newsagents and they had it in stock so of cousr I bought it. It cost 99p for the 1st edition and for this you got 2 small balls of yarn, a size 4 hook, a 'how to' DVD and some pages with stiches and patterns. Next weeks issue comes with a ring binder to store the pages and will cost £1.99 and thereafter it will be £2.99. Each week you get a ball of yarn and instructions on how to make a square and at the end of 120 weeks you should have a sampler type afghan.

That would be a little bit expensive:eek but I was thinking it had patterns of other things and the afghan pattern you would complete was just a bonus. Maybe I misunderstood.

I bought the knitting version of this and ended up with two different afghans because it was extended. You get several patterns in each issue and you get taught different stitches/stitch patterns and other helpful information like joining and finishing techniques etc. I taught myself to crochet during the last year and have subscribed to the crochet version because I think it will be good for learning the different stitches etc. An experienced person might not find it worthwhile but I think for a novice it will be good. It does work out expensive in the long run but it's pocket money every week.

ailsa

hi, newbie here, im sorry if i have missed it somewhere but what is the new magazine called please.

thanks xx

It is called 'The Art of Crochet'

Archived