http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107753

Mandii

• 2 years later...

Afternoon Ann.

So I started a shawl earlier for my godmother, it took me forever to find a pattern I liked enough that I thought she would wear. It's not going to take all the yarn I had bought for it, but I can always make another baby blanket for her granddaughter with the rest. I also now have to make yet another baby blanket since my Uncle's wife is going for a c-section December 21st instead of waiting until after Christmas, so that's another new baby/christmas present that I have to make.

:hi Just a quick drop by. I've been fighting my sewing machine all day. DH told me to go to Walmart and just buy the $200.00 one we saw the other night. I'd love to, but don't have $$$ to spend on a sewing machine. I want a Wii for Christmas.

Hopefully, we got mine working good enough to finish a few projects this weekend, then it is going to the shop on Monday.

I'd lend you mine, lol. I dont use it enough. I have tons of fabric and patterns, but I can't seem to figure out how to read any of them. I really should take a few classes at JoAnns. Maybe after Christmas....

Afternoon Ann.

So I started a shawl earlier for my godmother, it took me forever to find a pattern I liked enough that I thought she would wear. It's not going to take all the yarn I had bought for it, but I can always make another baby blanket for her granddaughter with the rest. I also now have to make yet another baby blanket since my Uncle's wife is going for a c-section December 21st instead of waiting until after Christmas, so that's another new baby/christmas present that I have to make.

It's good to be busy! :lol

GUESS WHO IS HOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!

Let the Party BEGIN!

:cheer:yay:cheer

Howdy :hi now you can finish the mittens. :D

Thanks, Wendy. :manyheart I thought of you today while out shopping...it is hot in SW Texas. I'm thinking of running away to Siberia. Wanna come with me?

Oh thats fantastic, can we go now. :lol

Afternoon everyone. It's rather dreary outside so instead of maybe going out like I had hoped, we stayed home. Stevie is napping and I'm working on Christmas presents for my godmother and cousins.

:hi Mandii

It's good to be busy! :lol

We also just got a phone call the other day from my aunt who had been having problems conceiving. She had exploratory surgery to find out what had been causing her problem, they had be trying for I think 4 years now? They found she had endometriosis (which runs in my family, my mom is the only one who doesn't have it), scar tissue on her ovaries and something else that I cant remember. Well anyway, they cleaned her up in there and if all goes well, I should have yet another cousin in a year/year and a half, which means another baby to crochet for yet again.

well I USUALLY decorate a little for fall... but this year never got around to getting my decorations out of the boxes (plus DS took the scarecrow and that got me sidetracked LOL)

I haven't gotten mine out yet either :lol Can't find the one plastic bin with them in. Have to get busy, dinner will be here this year and then the baby shower the day after!

Good morning everyone :hi

Its another hot one today 40C. Yeah I know I sound like a broken record dont I. :lol

Going to do nothing but crafting today and watching movies. Sounds good huh. :D

Sounds good to me :yes

We used to get a real tree, but have given up on them as I'm allergic to them! Not much fun since I can't get very close to it and DH has to do all the decorating! :lol I used to decorate for the fall to, but haven't gotten in to it the past couple of years. I'm becoming an old stick in the mud! :yes:blush

I'm trying not to, but I could very easily.

GUESS WHO IS HOOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!

Let the Party BEGIN!

:cheer:yay:cheer

:woo

Afternoon everyone. It's rather dreary outside so instead of maybe going out like I had hoped, we stayed home. Stevie is napping and I'm working on Christmas presents for my godmother and cousins.

I'd lend you mine, lol. I dont use it enough. I have tons of fabric and patterns, but I can't seem to figure out how to read any of them. I really should take a few classes at JoAnns. Maybe after Christmas....

At least you are working on Christmas - good girl :lol

If we lived closer I'd give you lessons in exchange for using your machine :lol

We also just got a phone call the other day from my aunt who had been having problems conceiving. She had exploratory surgery to find out what had been causing her problem, they had be trying for I think 4 years now? They found she had endometriosis (which runs in my family, my mom is the only one who doesn't have it), scar tissue on her ovaries and something else that I cant remember. Well anyway, they cleaned her up in there and if all goes well, I should have yet another cousin in a year/year and a half, which means another baby to crochet for yet again.

Hope it works out well for her!

I haven't gotten mine out yet either :lol Can't find the one plastic bin with them in. Have to get busy, dinner will be here this year and then the baby shower the day after!

You're going to be busy! :lol

How's Wendy today?

DH, DS and I love your koala video. We really want a koala :lol

Im good thanks.

Im working on the jumper and about to go to the humpty dumpty. Might see if I can finish it today. Im glad you liked the video. The 2 koalas stayed until last night then they headed off somewhere. Im sure they will be back.

Just wondering about the mystery knitted cloth you did, how did you work out the rows, did you use graph paper or what.

We used to get a real tree, but have given up on them as I'm allergic to them! Not much fun since I can't get very close to it and DH has to do all the decorating! :lol I used to decorate for the fall to, but haven't gotten in to it the past couple of years. I'm becoming an old stick in the mud! :yes:blush

Don't feel bad, I didn't put up fall decorations this year either. :eek And it's my favorite time to decorate! :blush

We dont use a real tree either and the last few years havent put it up because of the cats. Well you cant have tinsel in the tree and Im scared they will get at the lighting, but this year Im thinking of putting it up. I have heard some of you that use a color theme to do your tree so I thought that was a great idea.

We haven't been able to have a tree in about 10 years now because my cats attack it and would totally destroy it. My last 2 cats never did but these are mental. :lol So, we give them their own little tree and put bows and cat toys all over it. You can tell who rules the roost here. :lol

My brother has donated his hair twice to Locks of Love, to make wigs for people with cancer. He hates having long hair but he likes the idea of helping out others so he deals with it. His hair is a little past his shoulders right now, a few more inches and he can donate it again I think.

I hear so many people talking about donating their hair for cancer patients and making hats for cancer patients and here I had baby's butt head for over a year and nobody ever said anything to me about giving me a hat or info about wigs or anything. I bought my own wigs and made my own hats. This was a bigger city too. :shrug

Ann, that is nice. Thanks for your hard work.finding a link for me. Hubby still likes the other one though.

Wendy I can't finish my mitten until tomorrow. Today is a free day and I have lots of things I need to start! That's how it works right???

I hear so many people talking about donating their hair for cancer patients and making hats for cancer patients and here I had baby's butt head for over a year and nobody ever said anything to me about giving me a hat or info about wigs or anything. I bought my own wigs and made my own hats. This was a bigger city too. :shrug

You would think they would let people know about these things. :shrug

Archived