Homeless Veterans need HUGS! (scarves)

BPitard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you would have to email to see what their updated wish list is most places will still take items that are not on their wish list. I found them through a post on craigslist looking for items for homeless kids in Boston. Same group. Different chapter.

Just sent you a PM also.

Beth - I am just letting you know that I sent out my scarf to you in today's mail. I posted it right after work.... gee whiz, who would ever think the shelter would turn down scarves? At this time there is no way I can stop the package that you are getting. Just please let me know when you recv it and if it is ok. Hope someone can use it. Good luck.

Arlene

Hi Anita

Sorry I didnt reply yesterday - I was very upset and unsure of what I was going to do. Now I have a better plan...I think.

Anyway, I will make sure your scarves go to where they are needed - it may not be homeless veterans but it will be someone deserving.

Beth

Hi, sorry I didn't email you. I will be sending all the scarves I received last weekend and this weekend to the NECHV in Boston (Homeless Veterans). Unfortunately, this will be my last delivery because I can't afford to run the program and I haven't found anyone who wants to help. I am going to continue doing charity work, but will be dividing my time between different projects.

I suggest checking out SoldiersAngels.com or http://knitsforneeds.blogspot.com/

Any scarves I receive after this weekend will be sent to Knits for Needs. She is a wonderful person and works with all sorts of charities and I am sure she will do her best to send scarves to homeless veterans if I ask.

Archived