Homeless Veterans need HUGS! (scarves)

BPitard

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have one in the progress, but between medical issues and a pending marital separation, it is slow going. Will get it finished soon, hopefully, and will pm you for the address at that time.

Please make sure your scarves meet the following criteria:

*At least 7" wide

*At least 60" long

*Masculine colors (no pinks or pastels,)

*Clean (no pet fur or fragrance)

*Machine Washable (Hang Tags say "Machine Wash, Tumble Dry Low, Do not iron)

You can knit or crochet your scarf. The design is entirely up to you. I suggest acrylic yarn (because its affordable and machine washable).

When your scarf (or scarves) are completed please message me and I will provide my mailing address. I'm not posting it here because my plan is to get a Post Office Box once I start receiving multiple scarves on a daily basis (we don't want to upset my mail carrier right? LOL!)

I have not yet met any scarves that are not acceptable - I am posting this for reference only.

Thank you again,

Beth

Hugs4Heroes.com

sure you can add me to the Scarf-along I'm working on scarves in either plain old double crochet or double and 1/2 double crochet together. very plain and simple in this house. manly colors of course :)

I use simple stitches too - mostly hdc's. i'm going to play with a v-stitch on my next scarf though - making 20+ scarves in 2 months can get boring and I need to motivate myself if I am going to keep going LOL! I will add you now :)

Beth - it's finished !!!!! I got one scarf done and will send it out this week. I hope to be able to make more in the future and will send them as they are completed.

Arlene

Wow. Can you believe the local shelter has enough scarves and doesnt want more? I honestly thought I would have more time to find other shelters that needed scarves. Off to research... I hate the thought of having to ship them - its an expense I am not prepared for. Ideas? Please?

OK.. this, being the "official" thread for my project, will be the only place I post about the scarves now - its hard to keep track of so many.

I found a place to send the scarves that I have, and the ones that are in the mail to me currently, but I have to ship them because I honestly have trouble driving into Boston. I get really nervous and anxious and end up sick. Also, this will be expensive because of the number of scarves I have to send. I am glad I found somewhere to send them, but feel like the donation is going to be much less "personal" and that really bothers me.

Please, if you have scarves ready PM me and I will give you the name of someone else that collects these items.

This group works with Homeless Teens in need can more than likely use the scarves. They have a chapter in Worcester here is their email addy:

STANDUP FOR KIDS

Worcester@standupforkids.org

http://www.standupforkids.org/local/massachusetts/Worcester/local%20contacts.html

I'll keep looking. I know I have more lists because I'm always looking for local groups to send or bring to. I'll pass more along as I get them.

Archived