Scarf for my niece

reba88

I am crocheting a scarf for each of my five nieces for Christmas. This one was inspired by a scarf worn by Luna Lovegood in HP and the Order of the Phoenix. It's not exactly the same as the one in the movie, but I wanted something a little narrower. I hope she likes it!

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

I wish I'd picked a different yarn. I love the color, but hate how scratchy the acrylic is. But, I love how it turned out!:hyper

that's on my list of things to do. i bought the softest bamboo yarn at joanns to make it.

i have a tip for you for scratchy yarn. i did this yesterday to a hat i made and it worked really nicely. get some warm water and put in about 5 good squirts of hair conditioner in the water. swish it around so it "melts" and soak your item in there for several hours. then wash as normal. it really does make it softer.

that's on my list of things to do. i bought the softest bamboo yarn at joanns to make it.

i have a tip for you for scratchy yarn. i did this yesterday to a hat i made and it worked really nicely. get some warm water and put in about 5 good squirts of hair conditioner in the water. swish it around so it "melts" and soak your item in there for several hours. then wash as normal. it really does make it softer.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try this before I give it to her.

Archived