question: magnets for fridgies

do you use the magnets that come rolled up with the sticky backs? you cut them to size. do those work? do you glue them for extra support?

or is there something better?

thanks.

Walmart sells some nice little round magnets. They're a little expensive but they work really well. I use hot glue with them. Buying them in a roll in alot less expensive though.

Julee

i too have used the store bought rolled up magnet strip and used hot glue to secure it to the fridgie. another tip i have for you is save all those free company business card type magnets or bank calendar magnets you receive for free from various companies and places of business each year. once the year has passed or if its a business card magnet that you don't need or want, you can cut those magnets and use the strips on your fridgies.

i too have used the store bought rolled up magnet strip and used hot glue to secure it to the fridgie. another tip i have for you is save all those free company business card type magnets or bank calendar magnets you receive for free from various companies and places of business each year. once the year has passed or if its a business card magnet that you don't need or want, you can cut those magnets and use the strips on your fridgies.

GREAT idea!!! Thanks!!!

I also have used the "self sticking" magnet rolls. I find they don't stick well. I am not a big fan of glue guns and hate to bother pulling mine out and waiting for it to heat up for small jobs. You can always use a good craft glue like E6000 to stick the cut magnet pieces on to your fridgie.

Archived