Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luvs2crochet

how to crochet horns

9 posts in this topic

My husband wants a beanie with goat horns and I cant seem to find any patterns for horns, curving, etc :think. Does anyone know how to make it work so it curves some? thank you!

Let's assume you start with a crocheted tube. Start with for example 24 stitches. Work even in sc joined rnds for a few inches. On next rnd, sc in 8 sts, decrease 4 times, finish the rnd. Work the next rnds with no decreases. The tube will start to curve to your left.

You can add more decreases as needed -- in the same place in the rnd -- to get the

degree of curve you want.

You can also do the same thing with increases, then the piece will curve the opposite

direction.

Worth a try, but no guarantees!

Jean Leinhauser

there's a woman in texas that made her husband

a hat with cow horns that curved.

i'll see if i can find the pattern tho it might take a day or so.

You may have already tried this, but I typed "viking hat" into the search and found some info on other horned hats made by 'villers. Good luck!

haven't found the texas horned hat yet

but here's directions on making horns

http://mygurumi.blogspot.com/2009/08/only-to-show-you-im-still-here-post.html

i looked at this and i don't understand what you mean when you refer to M, i've never seen a pattern with this before i know this post was a long time ago but i need horns for a viking hat and this pattern looks nice but i don't understand it.

There are Viking Helmet patterns on Ravelry, complete with horns, if you are looking for ways of doing them. :)

i looked at this and i don't understand what you mean when you refer to M, i've never seen a pattern with this before i know this post was a long time ago but i need horns for a viking hat and this pattern looks nice but i don't understand it.

It's a knitting reference M=make

So it would be make 2 in first stitch