Crochet World Dec 2009 e-subscription

missmaxx

i was just looking at CW's site...saw you can e-subscribe for 1 year and get access to 2 years of back issues - have you tried that?? Was that included with your e-subscription? Do you like it better than the actual magazine to look at?? Trying to decide on what to do....thanks in advance for any insight.

i was just looking at CW's site...saw you can e-subscribe for 1 year and get access to 2 years of back issues - have you tried that?? Was that included with your e-subscription? Do you like it better than the actual magazine to look at?? Trying to decide on what to do....thanks in advance for any insight.

Yep, I have access to the past two years' issues. I've saved them (they're in pdf format) so I can get to them even if I'm not online.

Saved to a data disc works best for me. I print only the pages I need but you can print the whole darn thing if you want. There are some bonus patterns too every month - only available online.

I will definately be renewing this one.

PS. I find logging in very easy and they send me an email when the new issue is available. Hope this helps,

happy crocheting,

wow...since i made the post earlier, i looked at the sample issue they had on their site...its actually the digital format of the whole magazine!! Like looking at sales flyers online....too cool.

Yep...think i'll be subscribing - digitally!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply!!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't like it. This is just my personal preference and I'm not criticizing the magazine at all, it seems to be well designed. I just can't seem to enjoy looking at the magazine online and won't be renewing my subscription, I guess I prefer a paper copy.

A lot of people really love it though!

I don't like it. This is just my personal preference and I'm not criticizing the magazine at all, it seems to be well designed. I just can't seem to enjoy looking at the magazine online and won't be renewing my subscription, I guess I prefer a paper copy.

A lot of people really love it though!

I prefer a paper copy also. I find that it's much easier curling up on the sofa with a printed magazine than with my computer. Also I can use sticky notes to mark the patterns that I want to make. :yes

I like the e-subscription but at the same time I hate it. In all of the back issues I found that there were maybe a total of three patterns that I liked and I miss being able to sit down and flip through an actual magazine but at the same time, there is only one store where I live that carries it and they are usually an issue behind. I also wish that the pdf files were the smart ones where there is a listing on the side so you can view it all at once or just click on the pattern and it opens a seperate pdf file of only the pattern that you choose. It would make it much easier to organize my patterns and just keep the ones that I want.

Archived