County Fair? Nope!

Well, I had considered entering my knitted Twinings Stole and my newly finished crocheted Sunshine Medley Doily in our county fair which is this week. Judging is tomorrow and I assumed that items would have to be brought in today, but I have no fair book to check the time of day and if you don't do it right, too bad. So I found their website. — It all had to be in... yesterday! :lol

And I also noted that in only a few years I will have to enter as a Senior. :eek

Gaaaaaaaaa.............. :rofl

Oh...too bad you missed the deadline!!! I missed my fair deadline this year too.

Senior?!?! Unfortunatly we will all have to face that name tag sometime....(this is coming from a VERY youthful 46 year old!!! LOL!!!)

Mebbe, mebbe not, Mom. I get kind of embarrassed about ribbons anyway and was only going to enter because they never seem to have very many projects to display. And as far as crocheted doilies go there is usually a huge, stunning one sitting there.

Heather, our local hospital has monthly health lectures for Seniors — everybody over 50! I have refused to go. Refused. Although I will be 60 next year.

Mebbe, mebbe not, Mom. I get kind of embarrassed about ribbons anyway and was only going to enter because they never seem to have very many projects to display. And as far as crocheted doilies go there is usually a huge, stunning one sitting there.

Heather, our local hospital has monthly health lectures for Seniors — everybody over 50! I have refused to go. Refused. Although I will be 60 next year.

Yikes! 50?!?! I would refuse to go to!!! LOL! I firmly beleive you are only as old as you feel....I feel about 25 most of the time!

Well, I had considered entering my knitted Twinings Stole and my newly finished crocheted Sunshine Medley Doily in our county fair which is this week. Judging is tomorrow and I assumed that items would have to be brought in today, but I have no fair book to check the time of day and if you don't do it right, too bad. So I found their website. — It all had to be in... yesterday! :lol

And I also noted that in only a few years I will have to enter as a Senior. :eek

Gaaaaaaaaa.............. :rofl

I'm sorry you missed it! DId you post pics here?

Hey, don't worry about the senior! That only means you were smart enough to live longer. BEing a senior these days is just a number, not an attitude unless you let it be!

Sorry you missed the deadline. But there's always next year.

One year, I missed our deadline and I was so upset with myself. So now I make sure I get my entry money in when I'm supposed to. Our fair has a cut-off for entries about a month before the actual fair. Your money and entry form need to be in by then and then the actual items are brought in on Monday and the Fair starts on Wednesday. But each fair is different.

:manyheart

Sorry you missed the deadline. But there's always next year.

One year, I missed our deadline and I was so upset with myself. So now I make sure I get my entry money in when I'm supposed to. Our fair has a cut-off for entries about a month before the actual fair. Your money and entry form need to be in by then and then the actual items are brought in on Monday and the Fair starts on Wednesday. But each fair is different.

:manyheart

Money? :think Well, I've never entered the fair here but I did many years ago in a very small town in Oregon. There you got money as a premium if you won a ribbon. It cost nothing to enter. You're right, Linda — they are apparently all set up differently.

And I don't know about the rest of your fairs but this one has a rule that the items must have been made during the calendar year since the last fair. That totally shuts out the things I would have entered this year.

I've always wanted to enter a project into the fair but never have.

Maybe I can start something now and be ready for next year.

But our little ole county fair AND state fair are just dwindling away to nothing.

When I was a kid....like 45 years ago....the state fair was so exciting and had so much to look at and do but now the state fair is hardly more than our county fair.

Pitiful. Probably these economic times having an effect on the fairs, too.

Less people going means the fairs don't do as well.

I've always wanted to enter a project into the fair but never have.

Maybe I can start something now and be ready for next year.

But our little ole county fair AND state fair are just dwindling away to nothing.

When I was a kid....like 45 years ago....the state fair was so exciting and had so much to look at and do but now the state fair is hardly more than our county fair.

Pitiful. Probably these economic times having an effect on the fairs, too.

Less people going means the fairs don't do as well.

That is precisely why I wanted to put these things in. I hate to see our county fair die off. I do think the Texas State Fair is going strong, though.

Archived