Slippers gone bad!!!!

smokeyp81

I love this pattern from Garnstudio. While really easy to make, my version didn't come out very good! LOL!!

See for yourself!

post-2360-135897448252_thumb.jpg

post-2360-135897448266_thumb.jpg

I haven't trimmed any of my ends, so that does make them look bad, but there are way too many holes for my liking!

Actually, as I look at these pictures, they really don't look too bad, but in person, they are not so good! I don't think there is any saving these slippers. What a waste of good wool!

maybe if it wont bother wear a light pair of socks underneath...i really dont like it when i put all my hard work and precious yarn into a project and it doesnt turn out good. maybe you could give them as a gift? you know what they say...one persons trash is someone elses treasure...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! These really are destined for the trash. The pictures do really make them look pretty good.

I have done a lot of felting and have for the most part had successes....I have never felted granny squares before....and I will never again. I like my felted items felted so you see no stitches. Granny squares being holey in general, just don't felt well. Plus, for some reason, I have a lot of holes where I sewed the squares together. Maybe it was the yarn. I usually use Paton's Classic Merino, this was a combination of 3 different types of wool.

Oh well, it was worth the try. I still do like the looks of the original on the pattern.

Archived