Iowa/Nebraska/South Dakota?

StitchWitch

I see a trip to an Omaha craft store in the future! All we have here is Hobby Lobby and Micheal's now and bother are too expensive. The Joanne's and Hancock Fabrics we had left years ago and between the 3 Walmart super centers we have here, the yarn selection......... well, it sucks.

I see a trip to an Omaha craft store in the future! All we have here is Hobby Lobby and Micheal's now and bother are too expensive. The Joanne's and Hancock Fabrics we had left years ago and between the 3 Walmart super centers we have here, the yarn selection......... well, it sucks.

I know what you mean about the wal-mart yarn section...there are the basic colors and tht is it! I am in the omaha area and We have only one Joanns here now, but it is right around the corner from the Hancock and another huge family owned craft placed called Mangelsons. That last one is more expensive but they have some good sales and always provide free popcorn for while you shop and that is fun for adults and kids.

If you come this way, give me a yell, I don't live far and go to these at least once a week! I know one other from the board in this area and maybe we could meet to yarn shop and have coffee! there is a coffee shop right in Mangelsons!

Beth

I know what you mean about the wal-mart yarn section...there are the basic colors and tht is it! I am in the omaha area and We have only one Joanns here now, but it is right around the corner from the Hancock and another huge family owned craft placed called Mangelsons. That last one is more expensive but they have some good sales and always provide free popcorn for while you shop and that is fun for adults and kids.

If you come this way, give me a yell, I don't live far and go to these at least once a week! I know one other from the board in this area and maybe we could meet to yarn shop and have coffee! there is a coffee shop right in Mangelsons!

Beth

COFFEE??? did I hear Coffee?!!! When & Where? I'll be there! :hook

Would be great fun to go shopping for yarn while enjoying popcorn and COFFEE!!!

:heart

:mug

COFFEE??? did I hear Coffee?!!! When & Where? I'll be there! :hook

Would be great fun to go shopping for yarn while enjoying popcorn and COFFEE!!!

OK, so Tammy is that other person I was referring too but I didn't want to volunteer her, so I just put the coffee bait out there and It didn't take long for her to snap it up. Anyone else in the area want to join us...you are welcome!

OK, so Tammy is that other person I was referring too but I didn't want to volunteer her, so I just put the coffee bait out there and It didn't take long for her to snap it up. Anyone else in the area want to join us...you are welcome!

BAIT? does this mean there isnt any coffee???? :( please say it isnt so.

the coffee IS the bait. what you don't know is that I am as addicted to coffee as you are...so there is definitely coffee involved! I was pretty sure the C word would get your attention!

Oh.................thank goodness! :whew

thats right... I forgot about you and coffee! heheheeheeee

Okay... so ... yarn.. popcorn and coffee............... just tell me when and I'll be there! :hook:mug

Oh I'm in! Just tell me they have a better selection of hooks down there!! No one carries them here, and Hobby Lobby is messing with me, they put out one a month. I don't like ordering things offline anymore unless I know the brand.

Anyone else for an Omaha meet up?

• 11 months later...

West Omaha here, offer still on the board? I know Mangelson's has a crochet club that meets on Wednesday evenings, at least it did, a while back, does anyone in the area attend??

Umm, i don't drink coffee, but always up for a diet coke, and the cafe there, is great! Farmhouse Cafe! Good Home Cookin'!! wait to hear more!! or sniff sniff, is this just an outdated post...waaaaaaa

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived