Anyone in Memphis/Memphis area?

Hi!

In this category, I saw someone looking for Memphis crocheters...but that was in 2007!! So, I thought I'd pop out a new thread to try to meet some lovely villagers in my area.:hook

Jessica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

sorry doll not from memphis but wanted to say you have a lovely town. hubby and i visited a few years ago and had one fun filled week! were partners in hope with st jude,was the original reason for our visit. bt the way im from southern illinois.....took us about hours to get to memphis so im not too far away!

• 9 months later...

While I'm not a native Memphian, I've adopted Memphis as my go to city :) I love the place and visit often. Hope all is well after the recent flooding. Are the two yarn shops there still thriving...I'm speaking of Yarniverse off of Poplar; Mendenhall, I think, and then there's one on Poplar, forget the name?

Like I said, I've been to Memphis too many times to count and each time I go, we try to find and EAT at places off the beaten path. The last time we were there, we went to Uncle Lou's on Millbranch, it was sooo good, oh my gosh, miss the BBQ joints, too, namely The BBQ Shop in Midtown. :)

While I'm not a native Memphian, I've adopted Memphis as my go to city :) I love the place and visit often. Hope all is well after the recent flooding. Are the two yarn shops there still thriving...I'm speaking of Yarniverse off of Poplar; Mendenhall, I think, and then there's one on Poplar, forget the name?

Like I said, I've been to Memphis too many times to count and each time I go, we try to find and EAT at places off the beaten path. The last time we were there, we went to Uncle Lou's on Millbranch, it was sooo good, oh my gosh, miss the BBQ joints, too, namely The BBQ Shop in Midtown. :)

None of my crocheting friends have ever mentioned Yarniverse, so I don't know, but I'm pretty sure Stash is still going strong. I usually go to Michael's or Hobby Lobby, honestly, because I'm on a really tight budget and we only have one car, so I have to coordinate with my husband just to run errands - and HL and Michael's are right on the way to the grocery store. Gas is too expensive right now to make two trips to his work in one day just because...but I do want to check out Stash if I ever get the chance.

The BBQ is awesome! We just had Jim'n'Nicks the other day because we had a gift card. It's one of our favorites!

• 4 months later...

Wow, lots of Memphis People! (I'm in the Cordova area now, so in the suburbs.) Stash (in the Cooper Young district of Midtown) and Yarniverse (off medenhall and Poplar) are still going strong. There was a very nice yarn store on Poplar, near the Union Ext. interchange, but it has closed.

However, I have found a local yarn store (while still "knitting strong") has been very helpful and kind with helping me find yarns suitable for crochet projects. It is Rainbow yarn and fibers in Germantown. It is in the area of Methodist Germantown Hospital at 1980 Exeter Rd, Germantown. The ladies there are so friendly and *gasp* even were interested in the crochet tie bib (that I devised) for my son!

I LOVE the BBQ-Central BBQ (in Midtown) is my favorite KarenC

You're not too far from me now.

I'll have to see if I have a chance to check that store out. Still can't get out much, and now I can't even drop my husband off at work - he works on the base now and I can't go on base even to drop him off. We have NaNoWriMo write-ins at the Germantown library sometimes; I'll have to make a detour while I'm down that way.

Shame, too, because I have more money to spend on yarn now!

jantyme - my friend has been crocheting for years but only learned to read patterns after she taught me to crochet and I learned to read patterns and taught her. :D We're an interesting crowd :D

Archived