In Door County WI

Sylviaf

We got to take an unexpected long weekend trip to Door County WI this weekend. It has been a favorite place for our family for well over twenty years. I was so excited to visit a favorite yarn/cross-stitch store and was so disappointed that it was no longer there. My daughter-the-knitter noticed a new (to us) yarn store in Sturgeon Bay called "Spin". It was a beautiful store with a great variety of yarn (and at least some token crochet books and supplies). The women working there were helpful and knowledgable. When we were paying, we were told that there was another new shop up in Fish Creek (called something like "Red Socks Yarn"). Of course we had to go there too. While there was less in terms of crochet, there were again wonderful yarns and a friendly, helpful woman working there. My daughter is afraid that these stores have ruined other yarn shops for her! It was a very pleasant surprise to find these places.

Sounds just wonderful to be able to get away, and then also to find yarn stores.

:manyheart

It was wonderful. If your only complaint about a vacation is that it was far too short then it was a success!

Archived