Got my new pattern! SO EXCITED!!

So after seeing the work by some of the ladies here done with the portrait patterns from Mr. Paschall , I sent him a pic this AM of my sister's boys and I got the pattern back already!! :clap

I can't wait to start, but I have to for a few more days. Gotta finish my fair entries and then it'll be off to Hobby Lobby for a yarn shopping trip. I'm hoping to finish it in time for Christmas. I'll post pics of my progress!

:hookColleen

I cant wait to see it. I give you credit I would never attemp a project like that. I tried doing a zebra one time but it ended up in little tiny balls of black and white. I have no patients. I am in the middle of the Cathedral rose and cant stand all the color changes. I will have force myself to finish it.

So after seeing the work by some of the ladies here done with the portrait patterns from Mr. Paschall , I sent him a pic this AM of my sister's boys and I got the pattern back already!! :clap

I can't wait to start, but I have to for a few more days. Gotta finish my fair entries and then it'll be off to Hobby Lobby for a yarn shopping trip. I'm hoping to finish it in time for Christmas. I'll post pics of my progress!

Hi Colleen,

I'm one of the ladies that made a portrait from a picture, its the M&M Masterpiece and I think it was one of the biggest accomplishments I've ever done. You can do it all you need is a lot of patience. Its a ton of counting and being very careful when reading the pattern, if you miss one stitch it throws your whole row off and you'll have to pull it out and redo it, I know from experience :D.

When you do start if you need any help or encouragement please write and I'll be glad to help you. I wrote to Melanie, she was the first one to do the portrait of her grandparents and she helped me a lot.

Good luck.

Carol

Hi Colleen,

I'm one of the ladies that made a portrait from a picture, its the M&M Masterpiece and I think it was one of the biggest accomplishments I've ever done. You can do it all you need is a lot of patience. Its a ton of counting and being very careful when reading the pattern, if you miss one stitch it throws your whole row off and you'll have to pull it out and redo it, I know from experience :D.

When you do start if you need any help or encouragement please write and I'll be glad to help you. I wrote to Melanie, she was the first one to do the portrait of her grandparents and she helped me a lot.

Good luck.

Carol

Oh WOW!!! Thanks for the offer of help! That means so much! You may just be hearing from me.

I just love the support we all get from each other here! :cheer

And where may I find this Mr. Paschall ?? I would like to try this.

He's got a website, ****************.com. Some of the portrait afghans on there made by his students are just beautiful!

Ok, for some reason, it won't show the website. Do a google search for Todd Paschall and his site will pop up . Good luck!!

Oh if I only had the "PATIENCE" to do something as neat as that!! I would love to make my dh and mom an "Elvis" 'ghan, but (there's that word again) PATIENCE!! :lol :lol

Goodluck to you and can't wait to see your work!! :clap :clap :clap

Archived