Storing FP's

Last year I was gifted with a large box of assorted yarns, all I believe, synthetic. There are at most three skeins of any particular color. I just didn't know what to do. I didn't have a lot of crochet time the last year anyways. I've recently picked it up again and decided to just go ahead and make scarves and hats and such in the hopes that either I will have a great gift stash or one day I will have enough to sell. Until those times come, how can I best store my finished items? Thanks.

Or try putting them in the clear storage containers. It keeps them clean and you can see what's in the container. Labels also help. Good luck.

i usually use tupperware containers...the modular mates rectangle 4 will hold quite a bit, they are air and liquid tight and heirloom safe, i also use them for storing photos until i get around to scrapbooking. it is easy to stick a label on the outside to tell you what is inside and then you can use it again to store yarn,,,4-6 skeins of ww yarn will fit standing on their ends so you can pull from the pull skein when using multiple colors and the lid can be closed on the strands when you are done for the time being...also the access mates..potato container is great for holding threads and yarn as well and using the vented lid you can thread the strands through it and keep them from tangling. The containers are a bit more than plastic bags and throwaways but there is a lifetime guarantee. i have three going right now with craft fair items and they will fit into larger rubbermaid totes for easy carrying into a craft fair hall.

I have my FP's stored in plastic 18 gal. totes. Some are see through, but the ones that aren't, I will usually type what is in that tote, and tape it to the top and sides of the tote. That way without having to grab the tote from the "top" shelf, I can read what is in that container!! :)

Archived