Double Knitting

DesertCrocheter

I've been wanting to teach myself this technique, and ran across a pattern for a double knit tea pot hotpad. I belong to a Knitting 19th Century Novels group on Ravelry, and in May and June we were reading 'North and South' by Elizabeth Gaskell. This seemed like the perfect project for the KAL and to teach myself with, so without further delay, my slightly wobbly hotpad. I added a sc edge to it. Finally, a finshed project! Seems like I haven't been finishing anything for months. Thanks for looking, Patty

post-186-135897427107_thumb.jpg

post-186-135897427111_thumb.jpg

Great job!! Looks good!!

The first time I tried double knitting didn't turn out so well. I was doing it with the same color yarn and thought that I was going good until I noticed that it wouldn't open in the middle. :lol Got a couple sts wrong.

Thanks, everyone! The pattern is a freebie on the Fiber Factory page (I linked to it from Ravelry). I'm not sure if read the pattern wrong, but the left and right sides were open, which is why I put the sc edge around it. The directions don't say anything about knitting the first two stitches together to close the edge. My friend M loves tea, though, so I may make this again for her for Christmas, and I'll try that. Patty

Love it! Double knitting is on my Someday List, too, Patty. I like the idea of a little hot pad. Somewhere on the web is a double knitted blanket pattern from Mrs. Herbert Hoover, I think it was. The blanket is a simple pattern but done in luscious yarns and two colors, it could be a stunner.

Archived