What is the difference in a County Fair & Art Festival?

Different sponsors, different activities...county fairs I've been to usually have a lot of 4H, agricultural 'stuff', sometimes 'name' entertainment (often B-list), even horseraces, and the usual carnival rides & attractions, and fair food like Ratdog said :). Not so much for sale outside of the attractions, souvenirs and food; craft stuff entered for a prize is on display, not for sale. But, they might be different in different parts of the country.

Art (and craft) festivals that I've seen are just booths of craft items for sale, wine-tasting & food booths (including fair food :lol).

Different sponsors, different activities...county fairs I've been to usually have a lot of 4H, agricultural 'stuff', sometimes 'name' entertainment (often B-list), even horseraces, and the usual carnival rides & attractions, and fair food like Ratdog said :). Not so much for sale outside of the attractions, souvenirs and food; craft stuff entered for a prize is on display, not for sale. But, they might be different in different parts of the country.

Art (and craft) festivals that I've seen are just booths of craft items for sale, wine-tasting & food booths (including fair food :lol).

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Archived