Hemp Anklet w/ Beads

tiffer93

Made this up a bit ago for my best friend. It's hemp from Wal-Mart and some wooden beads I got there as well. Took about 20 minutes from start to finish. No pattern, but I'll jot down what I did.

Size G hook

Spool of hemp

scissors

15 wooden beads

Pre-string beads on hemp

Ch 29 leaving a long tail (makes the closure)

Row 1: Bsc in first ch from hk, sc in next 2 ch, *bsc in next ch, sc in next 2 ch, repeat from * to end of row ending with bsc in last ch. ch 1, turn.

Row 2: sc in each bsc and sc across. ch 1, turn.

Row 3: *sc in next 5 sc, bsc in next sc, repeat from * across, sc in last 3 ch. Finish off leaving a long tail.

Take the last bead and slide it over both tails. Knot hemp to keep bead stationary. Attach a fastener if you wish. I made a loop and knotted the end so that it wraps around the end of the anklet and the bead holds it in place. Kinda hard to explain really. LOL

post-18684-135897424057_thumb.jpg

Great looking anklet!! My 9 yr. old dgd likes to wear things around her ankle. I think she would enjoy something like this!! Everytime I go to Wal-Mart, I look at the spools of hemp. Tell myself that there is something I can do with it, but never do. Thanx for the pattern!! :)

love it, but what is bsc

Oh I'm sorry! bsc is a beaded single crochet. It is done the same as a typical sc, except that before the last yarn over, you pull your bead up to the hook and then yarn over and draw through the loops.

Archived