Spend money on what?

LibiLou

Hello fellow yarn addicts. I have $75 to spend on yarn. Since my LYS's are few and don't have much, I was thinking of buying online.

I'm a beginner, mainly doing baby blankets, right now. I would love to branch out into other things, but I need the yarn to do that. What kind of yarn is good for a beginner (not Red Heart, already have too much of that!) to work with, yet makes up a fun project, such as a skirt.

Another place online for yarn is www.knitting-warehouse.com. I've ordered a couple of times from them and was pleased with their prompt service and they also have, as an option, a $5.99 flat shipping rate.

Hope they have something you may be interested in. Have fun.

LI Roe

Caron Perfect Match is my favorite basic WW yarn. It's softer than red heart, but thicker than the simply soft. I tend to crochet right with gauge when I'm using it which is even better for me!!!

Just try anything, you won't know til you try!!!!

eBay is just crazy for yarn buying... and that's a great way to build up your stash with lots of different yarns for not alot of money. You can find people selling brand yarn much cheaper than LYSs, or look for cone yarn - you can buy a couple POUNDS for less than ten bucks. (I love cotton chenille, it works up soft and suedy looking.) Try searching for the store Fiber Options to start, her prices are on the higher end, but she has some great stuff and is a very reliable seller.

I would suggest KnitPicks if you're interested in trying quality natural fiber yarns for an extremely reasonable price. Also, free shipping if you spend $30 or more. I've tried the Wool of the Andes, Merino Style, Shine, and Andean Silk, all of which are gorgeous.

I also like Caron Simply Soft, although it's a little splitty sometimes.

Have fun spending your $75!

Archived